Gear ideas needed for young girl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recommend for regs:

- Apeks XL4 Ocea. Sustainable, light weight, comfortable mouthpiece, and already comes with the (lighter) braided hoses. Quality stuff. - my daughter dives that. It's not cheap, but not expensive.
- Very light weight, excellent performance, long intervals between service. However, extremely expensive. quality stuff.
- Scubapro Mk21 - very affordable for its performance, still has venturi at this price range. Much more access to servicing than the above two (but that depends on where you live).

For BCDs, I don't know from your post the type you're looking for, but I know little now about jacket styles (last dive 20 years ago). The only thing I know is that backplate/wing is easier for travelling. Xdeep, Deept6, Apeks, Tecline - all good. Go with aluminum backplate for traveling. Personally, I recommend Xdeep Zeos 28 (single tank), and she can choose the color - that's my 14 year old daughter's.

both my kids learned to dive at 10, and after their course, i switched them to BP/W + L/S hose. (they are now 13 and 15 yo)

the BPis the oxycheq Ultra Lite Travel Plate, with the 30# wing 18#, 30# and 40# Single Wings. they are now 30cm taller and 10kg heavier, and all I had to do was swap out webbing. the should be able to use them until their fully grown.

for regs, i got the DGX D6 single-tank packagae, which are made by deep6

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom