Upper Keys locals: what's open Thanksgiving day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DebbyDiver

Livin' the dream
ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
My (non-diving) friend and I have decided to make a Miata top-down road trip to the Upper Keys on Thanksgiving Day. Her ex- has her kids for the holiday, and she's all depressed about it and doesn't want to be someone's pity guest at a house dinner, and I don't have family here, so I said "ROAD TRIP!" and she thought that would be a great way to cheer herself up.

So, locals, can you tell me what (non-fast food) restaurants are open Thanksgiving Day? Key Largo to Islamorada. Thanks in advance! :kiss2:

My (non-diving) friend and I have decided to make a Miata top-down road trip to the Upper Keys on Thanksgiving Day. Her ex- has her kids for the holiday, and she's all depressed about it and doesn't want to be someone's pity guest at a house dinner, and I don't have family here, so I said "ROAD TRIP!" and she thought that would be a great way to cheer herself up.

So, locals, can you tell me what (non-fast food) restaurants are open Thanksgiving Day? Key Largo to Islamorada. Thanks in advance! :kiss2:

The Blue Water at The Islander Resort does an awesome spread for Thanksgiving Debby.
Reservations = 305-664-2031

thanks, Brian! :)

In the event that she wants to pass on "traditional" T-day fare (she'll be doing it with her kids the night before they go to her ex's) I am also wondering if any of the Key-sy type places would be open for grouper and conch fritters and beer and stuff.

i also have guests visiting and here's a partial list of a few that i am aware of;

closed: buzzards roost, fish house, hobos, sundowners, lazy days, islamorada fish co, island grill
open: pilot house, sharkeys(no food), lorelei, fish house encore(opens @ 1600), zane greys lounge(food available 1100 to 1600) @ worldwide sportsmen, big chill(1400 to 2200) and snappers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

I don't know if it's open on T'Day, but the Green Turtle Inn gets my vote if it is. First-rate menu and a great wine list with a small markup. Although it has no bearing on the food, our waitress should have been cast as Sookie Stackhouse, but I digress here.
I guess the location goes waaaaaaaaaay, but this iteration of the GTI cannot be missed.

In case you venture a little further than Key Largo and Islamorada... Two years ago we ate at Indigo Reef (resort) down in Marathon, turkey was on the menu, but I gorged myself on shrimp and grouper. Last year we went to The Key Colony Inn on Key Colony Beach, they had a truncated menu and I had conch chowder and a seafood pasta dish... (I'm not a fan of turkey in any way shape or form)

i also have guests visiting and here's a partial list of a few that i am aware of;

closed: buzzards roost, fish house, hobos, sundowners, lazy days, islamorada fish co, island grill
open: pilot house, sharkeys(no food), lorelei, fish house encore(opens @ 1600), zane greys lounge(food available 1100 to 1600) @ worldwide sportsmen, big chill(1400 to 2200) and snappers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Lorelei is beautiful but the food is good sometimes and blah others.

Fish house has good food but zero views

There is a new restaurant called the Islamorada grill not Island grill. Italian food I have never tried it but heard some good things
Enjoy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom