Best Lobster Hunting charter boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tripledive

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if I could get some input on which are the better charter boats over in the Pompano/Ft.lauderdale area are for lobstering? Been out with a bunch of them now. Nice crew/operations but none seem overly focused on good lobstering spots as the main focus. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Chris

You really need to use a six pack style boat for that.

You will find bugs on a large "moo boat", but a six pack captain will drop you in much more productive, not necessarily "pretty spots".
You may need to go past the 70'-100' range at certain times of the year.
We got 9 very shallow today, off of the beach in the last 30 minutes of our dive.
2 solos, and a hotel with 10 of them in it.

Ask and you shall receive... Went out with Capt Tony today and hit my limit again.... We do most weeks.... Anyway here ya go... Tell him Dustin sent ya...

He will usually go out with 4-10 divers and goes most days

South Florida Scuba Diving with Diversity Charters,South Florida Dive Boats,Diversity Dive Charters South Florida,Boca Raton Deerfield Palm Beach Ft. Lauderdale,scuba diving boats south florida,south florida scuba diving,florida scuba diving charters

Capt Tony:561-368-9952

Capt Tony:561-368-9952

Agree, Tony is great on the dive boat Diversity.

One other boat we do very well with is Capt Conrad on Miss Conduct, a 6 pack.

Both boats have secrets spots that they know of, but it really helps if you bring some homemade treats for the surface interval to share with the Capt. The little black book of private GPS numbers will usually come out.

Thanks everyone for the great advice. It looks like I'll be switching to the six-packs in the very near future.

One other boat we do very well with is Capt Conrad on Miss Conduct, a 6 pack.

+2 on Captain Conrad! On 12/31/09 my buddy and I caught 10 lobster on the first spot he dropped us on, and 2 more on the second. That doesn't count the 6 or so that we lost because we are beginners and some of the lobsters we encountered were pretty smart. (Capt Conrad put us on the "dumb" lobsters first :wink: )

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom