Freedivers griefing on Scuba Spearfishers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Invite him to come show you how it's done, or shut up.

What do you care about his silly opinion, anyway. It's the internet. Don't get too wrapped 'round the axle.

Or he'll possibly become part of the food chain, or we may read about him on the Darwin awards.

Hetland,

Ignore "drive by" comments. I think they are sadly a fact of life on the internet.

Nice videos by the way. I enjoyed watching them.

What gun were you using? I'm just, finally, about to get back into spearing after many years, and I'm just starting the "gun shopping" process.

Best wishes.

I enjoyed the vid. The diving policeman I couldn't done without. I don't like the idea of tree stands for deer hunting, more like ambushing than hunting. So what! If someone is hunting for food then do what works. If someone is looking to shoot the biggest fish for sport than it should be sporting, but there's no law says it has to be. There's plenty of room in the water for everyone.

Hetland,

Ignore "drive by" comments. I think they are sadly a fact of life on the internet.

Nice videos by the way. I enjoyed watching them.

What gun were you using? I'm just, finally, about to get back into spearing after many years, and I'm just starting the "gun shopping" process.

Best wishes.

I'm shooting a 48" Biller. If I were to buy a new gun today, it would be a railgun though (I like the 39" Pelaj). For me at least, they are more accurate, and I can make top-down shots with that gun that I would pass up with on a woody. The problem with railguns is the camera mount. I've got a buddy working on solutions, but I'm too poor to buy a new gun now anyway.

If I was forced to keep the Biller the rest of my days, then I would be happy. Plenty of power for the shots I take, easy to maintain, and find bands/shafts for. If I lose it, then I'm out a few bucks, but I wouldn't cry like I would if I lost a Riffe, which is really too much gun for me and what I like to do, which is put a few fish on the table and make the rest of the guys on the boat look bad :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom