Dive recommendations near Orlando?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ColinB

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all,

I may be traveling to Orlando for work in about a week, and I'm looking for recommendations for dive sites/operators in case I can schedule a couple extra days to get some diving in. I'd like to keep trips within a couple of hours drive of Orlando, but I'd be willing to travel further to dive a great site or with a good group. I'm a relative newbie (open water in June, AOW in August, but only 15 dives logged so far) in case this affects recommendations.

thanks,
Colin

If you want to dive springs, there are several places you can dive. Devil's Den, Blue Grotto, Alexander Springs, and maybe even Ginnie.

If you want to hit the ocean, Jupiter & West Palm area is probably the closest good diving. The ones I use are: Jupiter Dive Center, Little Deeper, Walker's Dive Charter, and Jim Abernethy.

Don't forget about Epcot center. The Living Sea is an AWESOME place to go diving. It is a really cool experience.

Don't forget about Epcot center. The Living Sea is an AWESOME place to go diving. It is a really cool experience.

I was really disappointed in the Epcote dive. Only life is the fish.

Go to Jupiter. I dove with Jupiter dive when we laid my dad's ashes at the bottom of a reef. 6 months later, took my two teenage boys there for their OW certification. Great experince.

I just signed up to dive at Epcot Divequest for Sat. Dec. 19, 4:30pm dive.

It's now $175. They said the CAA/AAA discount is 15% but requires you to stay at a Disney resort paid thru CAA/AAA discount. The PADI/NAUI discount is 10%. Well, better than nothing, and still expensive.

Let me know what you think of the Epcot dive, and especially whether it's worth the $.

thanks,
-Colin

Let me know what you think of the Epcot dive, and especially whether it's worth the $.

thanks,
-Colin

I just did Epcot on the 4th with my LDS. I figured it would be pretty cheesy, but would do it one time. I personally didn't think it was bad, expensive yes, but not bad. You get 40 minutes of bottom time, which really went by quickly. There is a ton of fish, some sharks and turtles. I think it's worth doing once, especially if you don't get any saltwater diving in ever...just my opinion.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom