Help - i have only time for one dive in the keys

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gkornfeld

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Help - my son and I only have one time to dive in the keys.... . Staying in Key Largo...but could go down to Plantation Key etc... My son is 13...so we are not going deep.

Looking for the best locals to dive ....and if someone knows a good dive operator; let me know.

Thanks
Gregg

any of the dives in the John Pennekamp (sp?) area are nice.... most are very shallow. I have been out with all three of these operators and all are good.

CONCH REPUBLIC DIVERS " COME SEE WHY WE'RE NOT JUST ANOTHER DIVE SHOP"
There are some shallow sites right around Conch Republic's marina too
Florida Keys Diving with Silent World voted #1 dive shop in Florida
Scuba Dive Key Largo, Scuba Dive Florida Keys, Scuba Dive the Keys, Pennekamp State Park

Since you are in Key Laro, I would recommend Silent World. Try for a trip to Carysfort, North North Dry Rocks (?), Molasses, or French. I have always enjoyed the City of Washington, an old wreck in 25 feet of water. There is also the Benwood wreck which is in 30 to 55 feet.

A post above has the website. They have a schedule somewher that shows the differnt dive sites visited each day but you may want to call and confirm.

Have fun.

Many of the hotels are located on canals with dive ops associated with the hotels. Ask at the front check in desk who they recommend. The operations shown in earlier post are not in Key Largo but south 13 miles. There are many actually in Key Largo. Should be no problem finding someone to take you out shallow.

Check out the Rainbow Reef website (rainbowreef.us). They have a good map of the sites with pics and description. My choice would be The Benwood and Mo. You get a shallow partially intact wreck with very good life and a nice reef with good topography. Both under 40 feet. Also Rainbow Reef comes with a free in water guide ( might be good for an extra eye on your son). have a blast I recommend Sharky's resturant.

When are you coming down Gregg? Ill let you know whats on the schedule. See if we can get something special in as you only have 1 day

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom