Shore diving Beqa lagoon resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adpfam

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Can anbody shed some light on shore diving specificly night diving at the resort . are there markers , somewhere to hang a strobe. or whether its even worth diving at night :D

Can anbody shed some light on shore diving specificly night diving at the resort . are there markers , somewhere to hang a strobe. or whether its even worth diving at night :D

I too am interested ..thanks for asking.......

ditto... one of the attractions of Beqa resort, to us, is that there is shore diving. Details anyone? How do they handle it? Is it a beach and you just walk in/out? How deep? Current?

robin:D

The beach is a short walk from the dive store where you will pick up tanks. It gets to a depth of 7m.

You can dive any time you want. At night they ask that you let the resort know you are going out and then again when you get back.

I experienced no current at all when shore diving.

There are trees near the shore, where you could hang a strobe if you wanted. There is also a floating pontoon near the shore, which could also have a strobe on it.

And night diving is always worth it - I do a third of my dives at night though so am biased :)

They also run night boat dives, highly recommend booking on that too.

The house reef goes in a V from the entry point just below the dive shop path. There is now a platform about halfway out in the center. The left reef is a little easier to stay on track and the right reef has alot of ins and outs and it is easy to find yourself in shallow water on top of the reef. The left also has a pinical at the far end. Was there in August and there was a Crown of Thorns outbreak on the house reef. This made entry and exit tricky day or night. But the rest of the dives were clear. If it has been raining the night dives have no vis. Don't know about the COT's lately have not sen any recent reports

Go to Google earth and you can see the V and the reefs.

there was a Crown of Thorns outbreak on the house reef. This made entry and exit tricky day or night. n

Hodge could you elaborate abit on tricky i know what the crown of thorns are, i however have only ever seen them at depth , do they lurk in the shallows and pounce on you when you get close. all kiddy aside whats the best way to deal with this , we swim with with full 3mm and boots and gloves . most die ops we have been with go out of thier way to help these critters find new homes at +200 . deeper if thier lucky . any other tricky creatures we should be aware of.:cool2:

Hodge could you elaborate abit on tricky i know what the crown of thorns are, i however have only ever seen them at depth , do they lurk in the shallows and pounce on you when you get close. all kiddy aside whats the best way to deal with this , we swim with with full 3mm and boots and gloves . most die ops we have been with go out of thier way to help these critters find new homes at +200 . deeper if thier lucky . any other tricky creatures we should be aware of.:cool2:

I saw a few when I was there but not too many. Here are pictures - don't stand on them!

Buddy taking the crown bit literally...
3941015584_c3bbf10d1e_b.jpg

Another one
3958159063_4452f352b8.jpg

They're quite pretty starfish actually!

how about this one , dont have model to show it off though

Attachments

• FIMG_3336.jpg
    FIMG_3336.jpg
    441.9 KB · Views: 318
i dont know how to make it bigger in the post sorry

i dont know how to make it bigger in the post sorry

Nah it's fine, if people click on it it will pop up with a bigger version :)

Usually when I swam out I'd go horizontal as soon as I could, rather than walk out, even if it was shallow. So I can make sure I did not step on them!

But yea, I saw very few, but there were some close to shore as well as further out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom