Miflex Hose and Mini SPG

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgt2221

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,

First post here. : )

I am trying to streamline my rig and was planning on using a bare 1.5 inch SPG with a bolt strap and no boot paired with a HP Miflex hose.

This is to replace my Suunto Cobra with a Dive Rite Duo and the SPG. I do like the Cobra, but want to try a wrist mounted bungee. I have my compass on a wrist bungee, Suunto D7 and like wrist mounted gauges.

My question is: does anyone else use a similar setup (Small 1.5 inch spg and thin Miflex HP hose) as their main spg?

Is the smaller spg readable strapped to your hip and has anyone had any problems with a similar setup?

It seems that mating the small spg to a skinny hose would be pretty compact and less drag.

SGT2221

:cool2:

I considered using Miflex for my SPG when I built my last set of regs, but heard of enough issues with the HP hoses failing that I passed.

I have one...get the magnetic holder (which has a small diameter insert for the Miflex and you are set... if you want to see it close up, just pull it off (takes a bit of force) and then putting back is just getting it close. No springs, no clips and Magnetics are very hard to break.

Dave, I have a lot of their hoses and have yet to have an issue. Only used the High Pressure hose for maybe 200 dives, but it still looks new. Wish I could say the same for most of my other equipment.

Dave, I have a lot of their hoses and have yet to have an issue. Only used the High Pressure hose for maybe 200 dives, but it still looks new. Wish I could say the same for most of my other equipment.

I heard of three failures and that was enough for me. I've gotten by without for over 30 years, so I knew it was more a matter of want than need, so I allowed those few failures to be the deal breaker. They may have been an anomaly.

I dive side mount and have a 6" miflex HP hose with a 1.5" DiveRite SPG on each tank. As the valves are right by my chest the HP hoses need to be flexible and the Miflex do the trick. They they maintain great flexability under pressure. I highly recommend them. This season I will be switching my other 3 regs to the Miflex HP hose this season.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom