My first Sidemount Kit, piecing it together

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Video format trumps books when it comes to education and demonstrating how things are set up (especially equipment)
Any particular reason why? I found the Neto book to be quite thorough. Maybe not $65 thorough but still pretty good.

Doesn’t mean the book is bad, the video is just better

Video format trumps books when it comes to education and demonstrating how things are set up (especially equipment)

Doesn’t mean the book is bad, the video is just better

Fair enough.

I’m a book learner, I’ve never been a huge fan of any kind of elearning or youtube-ish education. I will admit the sidemounting.com videos are well done; that said the “setup fee” and subscription structure they have is a non starter for me.

Hello

The second edition of the Neto book is much better IMHO than the first edition. But still the photos are of extremely bad quality.

Best wishes Jens

Fair enough.

I’m a book learner, I’ve never been a huge fan of any kind of elearning or youtube-ish education. I will admit the sidemounting.com videos are well done; that said the “setup fee” and subscription structure they have is a non starter for me.
It's well worth a years subscription if your self teaching. Those guys have put thousands of hours into making that content.

It's well worth a years subscription if your self teaching. Those guys have put thousands of hours into making that content.
I purchased their intro to SM diving course few days ago. Great content indeed. But I honestly hope that I don't need to buy the full SM course which is a lot more expensive with their registration fee or whatever it's called.

My hog regs have served me well in all sorts of conditions (ie miles into caves, under ice, zero viz dirty water, strong currents, over 200’ deep, etc).
Im also a vote for rubber instead of milflex.

My slipstreams have been my favorite fins.

Bungee yes, but no rubber tubing for the primary tanks. They do not need set up like stages, just a boltsnap clamped on and some bungee to hold the hoses down is enough.

Size of tanks depends on exposure protection and planned dives. Lp steels are great if you are in chilly water and wearing a drysuit, al80’s for thin suits in warm water and my personal favorite for the casual open water dive in a drysuit with thin undergarments are lp50’s with a “good fill”.

Al40 is a good size tank for deco mixes.

For redundant buoyancy drysuits count, so if the water isn’t silly warm it is more convenient to dive dry.

Can you buy these as a set together or do you have to buy piece by piece from different suppliers?
He seems to be listing things needed for a stage kit and not sidemount

For my sidemount rigging, I got my gear from D'Luxe Dive Gear. Great people based out of Germany. I have been diving their gear for 5 years now and have no issues at all with it.

He seems to be listing things needed for a stage kit and not sidemount

For my sidemount rigging, I got my gear from D'Luxe Dive Gear. Great people based out of Germany. I have been diving their gear for 5 years now and have no issues at all with it.

OMG, that's expensive 😔

• Bullseye!
Reactions: L13
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom