Wisdom 2 and Tank Size

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~Scuba_Steve~

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Does the Wisdom II automatically recognize the tank size i.e. 80CF Aluminum vs. a 100CF HP Steel tank? Or is there a setting that needs to be adjusted for tank size, I know my Mares computers need to be adjusted for the tank size and do not see that option. It was mentioned to me from an instructor that all computers need to be adjusted for tank size and mine should too? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

..... It was mentioned to me from an instructor that all computers need to be adjusted for tank size and mine should too? ......

Usually .... dive computers measure the PRESSURE of the gas in the tank and NOT the AMOUNT of gas in the tank.

Some dive computers can tell you how much AIR TIME you have left by monitoring your breathing pattern and calculating the air time (pressure in the tank / pressure used x sampling period) .... without having to input the tank size.

Tell the instructor to remove "ALL" from his sentence above.

Alberto (aka eDiver)

In the case of the Wisdom2 computer; it does not measure the volume of air in the tank but rather the pressure in the tank. So to be clear in answering your question; there is no place to enter the volume of the cylinder.

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

Thanks guys, this is what I figured. I appreciate the quick replies :D Can't wait to get into the water and start using it!!

The only place to input tank size is in the software on you pc that you log dives in from the wisdom 2.inputing tank size will give you your sac rate for the dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom