Spearfishing in Jax Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ncpearldiver

Reaction score
I live on the Westside of Jax . Off Wilson Blvd
# of dives
100 - 199
Im looking for someone to spearfish with here in Jacksonville and surrounding areas. My diving has been mostly on the wrecks in NC and some on the island of Isla Mujeres Mexico and some springs here in Florida.
I have my own boat (22ft Sea Pro W/A) and I would prefer to dive with an experienced diver that knows some ledges and wrecks. Also interested in some treasure or fossil hunting too.
Look me up. Ellis

PM me your contact and I'll PM you some #s of non-coneheads who dive locally.I did 2 yesterday in 120' 67degrees 30' vis.Beware of several local village idiots who dive but are accidents waiting to happen.
Welcome.

.....I did 2 yesterday in 120' 67degrees 30' vis.....

That's warmer water than we had in Jupiter over the weekend. We froze in 64 degree water, but that keeps all the vacation divers out of the waters and the bugs were thick to help close out the season.

Yeah,it's weird here as far as temps and vis.You got warm water eddies,thermoclines,river water dumping out.
Vis is the same way.

Hey Ellis,

I live out west of town near US 301 and Normandy Bv. If you need or want someone to go with, give me a call. (904) 612 8266 We can meet up and discuss a tripout to assure you I'm not one of the "village idiots" 100 days a year spoke of. I'm Nitrox certified and have dove offshore Jax several times. I'm no pro but I also won't get you or me in trouble by being reckless or careless.

Call or PM me and we can set up a meeting place for a beer and talk about going out.
Gary

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom