Who has dived the Vandenberg and is it worth it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mopar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Who has dived the Vandenberg and is it worth it? I know it has not been sunk long so is their lots of marine life yet? I was going to try to go out with The Ultimate Getaway.

I have dived with Ultimate Getaway and had a great time, I've not yet dived the Vandy but everyone I know who has enjoyed the wreck. I would suggest you post this question here: Florida Conch Divers - ScubaBoard I'm sure you will receive many responses.

I dove it last sept. its a great dive. It can be challenging as the currents can get crazy. There wasn't a lot of growth but it was starting then and am guessing its getting much better now. There were a few large grouper we saw. I would say its worth it if you are a wreck fan.

I am tied to the Vandy right now. The growth is not what I'd call phenomenal, but the fish are incredible. Lots of grouper, ling, lionfish. Good times, but the vis is for crap.

Check out YouTube, you can see the growth progress. I will be diving it in July.

July is when I will be diving it. I will be on a live aboard. We will dive it a couple of times then off to the Dry Tortugas. I am not a big wreck fan but I would rather see coral. But that is what the Tortugas are for.

Who has dived the Vandenberg and is it worth it? I know it has not been sunk long so is their lots of marine life yet? I was going to try to go out with The Ultimate Getaway.

I have dived with Ultimate Getaway and had a great time, I've not yet dived the Vandy but everyone I know who has enjoyed the wreck. I would suggest you post this question here: Florida Conch Divers - ScubaBoard I'm sure you will receive many responses.

Is the Ultimate Getaway running trips down to KW now?? With Spree/Frank there, I can't see the market being big enough to support both vessels.

Is the Ultimate Getaway running trips down to KW now?? With Spree/Frank there, I can't see the market being big enough to support both vessels.

Frank goes to the Tortugas.... which the Ultimate Getaway and Playmate have been doing for years... (plus another boat).

I think the Ultimate Getaway isn't doing trips to other locations in the keys... just a slight detour to hit the Vandy, on some trips..... I think that's about far "east" as a majority of their trips go... and not all their trips detour to it.

I hope both Frank and Rick's boats do well. :thumb:

Did the Vandy in Feb. Went out in the afternoon. The first dive was nice and easy. The current was ripping on the second dive and the viz dropped to about 35 feet. Would I dive it again? You bet; there is a lot to see. Marine life? Saw one shark cruise by, seems like more and more critters are making it a home. I'm going back in October and plan to dive it again; it's a big boat.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom