Sherwood Magnum and Miflex Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

disccop75

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I recently purchased a miflex hose to replace the OEM hose to my magnum reg. It does not seem to fit at the regulator end. Any ideas?

Which regulator...don't mean to be a smartass but both ends are connected to regulators, one is a first stage regulator and the other is the second stage regulator. To answer your question, the first stage has a standard 3/8x24 female threaded port and the second stage is a standard as well. There were a few manufactures that produced first stages with 1/2 LP ports. I am not aware of any SWs that had the larger port but it is possible. I am unaware of any second stages with nonstandard threads being produced. I think all Miflex hoses are 3/8x24 male end and the industry standard female end. So which regulator stage does not seem to fit?

We are sorry to hear that your Miflex hose did not fit your Magnum regulator. At this time, we do not offer this style of hose or adapters to make it fit. You may be able to find an adapter from an accessory manufacturer. I hope this helps.

Sherwood Scuba

They have an adapter for the Gemini but I haven't found one yet for the regulators. I have a Blizzard and my hoses arrive next week. I was wondering if you found anything yet. I don't want to be SOL when they get here. FYI: The adapters are about $50. A little steep seeing that I just dropped $140 on 3 hoses. And Herman, you aren't being a smartass, you are being retarted. Almost all first stages are designed to work with anything you plug into them. Unless you try to go tec, I'm sure an average hose is good to go with the average first stage. Plus he was talking about the Magnum. Anyone who writes on a Sherwood forum should know something about the products. The Magnum is a second stage since all Sherwood first stages are the same. But do let me know if you find a solution to the problem.

Last edited:
They have an adapter for the Gemini but I haven't found one yet for the regulators. I have a Blizzard and my hoses arrive next week. I was wondering if you found anything yet. I don't want to be SOL when they get here. FYI: The adapters are about $50. A little steep seeing that I just dropped $140 on 3 hoses. And Herman, you aren't being a smartass, you are being retarted. Almost all first stages are designed to work with anything you plug into them. Unless you try to go tec, I'm sure an average hose is good to go with the average first stage. Plus he was talking about the Magnum. Anyone who writes on a Sherwood forum should know something about the products. The Magnum is a second stage since all Sherwood first stages are the same. But do let me know if you find a solution to the problem.

I totally agree. You might want to go read the service mauals before posting, I think you may find some useful information.

Hey brother. I found a solution. I didn't understand what you were talking about. I thinking that you had no idea what you were doing but then I got in my hoses. The Sherwood hoses have a recess on the inside that won't let you screw them onto the hoses. After some research, I found an adapter. You have to order it through a UK site. It is more expensive but they overnight all orders. Here is the website Miflex Hoses - Adaptors for various application The adapter you are looking for is called 3/8" UNF m x f Manifold Adaptor (for Inspo/Evo rebreather manifolds). The price is $37. I hope this helps out.

Never mind that bro. The adapter doesn't work so I'm going to see if I can get one machined. If I can get a few made, I will send you one.

Back
Top Bottom