Airspool connectors not sealing properly šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex Ouroboros

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Hi Folks, just being testing some of my regs after servicing recently and I seem to have a few sets omitting champagne bubbles between the miflex hoses and gauges, in two cases the hoses (genuine miflex) and oms gauges are brand new, the airspool connectors Iā€™m using are brand new (supplied by miflex and in miflex service box) so Iā€™m not seeing the reason for any bubbling at all,
Any one else had similar issue or can think of something?
Thanks.
AE4809D3-C437-4966-8164-7F6AA99FB3EF.jpeg

Miflex has had issues all along.....I refuse to use Miflex hoses.

Inspect the O-Rings with a microscope, it is likely that the supplier had an issue and you will find hairline cracks in these. Sometimes these cracks are hard to spot, especially on those tiny O-Rings, which cannot be easily stretched when inspected.
I had these imperfections happening on batches of thousands of O-Rings and the factory of course replaced these free of charge. I must admit I couldn't follow their reasoning on what has happened exactly, but the explanation I was given was that part of die was not replaced on time. How and why this caused these hairline cracks I still do not know.

It is rather unlikely, albeit not impossible, that the female portion of the SPG or hose has an imperfection on brand new units. This strikes me as especially unlikely, as you mention this happening on several units.

Inspect the O-Rings with a microscope, it is likely that the supplier had an issue and you will find hairline cracks in these. Sometimes these cracks are hard to spot, especially on those tiny O-Rings, which cannot be easily stretched when inspected.
I had these imperfections happening on batches of thousands of O-Rings and the factory of course replaced these free of charge. I must admit I couldn't follow their reasoning on what has happened exactly, but the explanation I was given was that part of die was not replaced on time. How and why this caused these hairline cracks I still do not know.

It is rather unlikely, albeit not impossible, that the female portion of the SPG or hose has an imperfection on brand new units. This strikes me as especially unlikely, as you mention this happening on several units.
Thanks for letting me know, Iā€™ve just swapped out an airspool (for a different brand) and itā€™s immediately remedied the problem,
Oh well, an hour or so of dunking gauges in the sink ,,, šŸ˜‚

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom