Might sound stupid but.........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dixiecowgirl

Reaction score
Okay I have seen them but I just dont know waht they do. What do O-Rings do???????????? Please clue me in

O-rings are a sealing device for mechanical parts that move against each other. In scuba for example, without o-rings, any rotating part in a regulator would leak air. The o-ring is compressed between the metal parts to form a seal.

O-ring are used to form an air-tight/water-tight seal between two metal parts, e.g. a first stage regulator and a tank valve. If, for instance, the o-ring on a "k" tank valve is damaged or lost, the tank will leak gas. Thus, you want to keep them in good shape.

Wouldnt ya know it but after I asked I was looking in the book and found it.Course that was only after Jarrod pointed it out

Hi Dixie...

No question is stupid and certainly not in scuba...
I'm a bit like that myself... I'm only starting my scuba and i've got so many questions... They will all be answered eventually if I would have a little patients but I just wan't to know all about it know... hehe...
Well... no harm in asking anything :)

only stupid answers... :mean:

dixiecowgirl once bubbled...
Okay I have seen them but I just dont know waht they do. What do O-Rings do???????????? Please clue me in

To see for yourself take the O-ring out of a tank valve and put the regulator on it. Turn it on and you'll never forget what happened. Don't worry it won't hurt you.

R..

And to think, I've been dunking them in coffee all this time.

*Falls over*

"Trollin', trollin' trollin' on the scuba board....."
(Sung to the tune of Proud Mary)

Hey, what ya got against trolls? *troll look* Huh? HUH?

Sorry, I just always loved the phrase "troll" here. Totally gets me chuckling.

jepuskar once bubbled...
The definition of an o-ring is someone who trolls scubaboard.

:)

Back
Top Bottom