Fiji - Matamanoa - September 2010 (last week)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bobspadger

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi All

I've hunted through the threads here for info on matamanoa but there is not a massive amount of info.

I'm heading there in September for the final part of our honeymoon - and had a few questions and wonder if anyone can help?

1. I find conflicting information on the dive companies available on matamanoa - the resort site says VitiWatersports, but I can also find (on here and the web) Aqua-tek - Does anyone know if they both operate from Matamanoa or is it just the one? (I've tried emailing them both and no response!!)

If there are more than one dive company available - can anyone recommend the best?

2. Is Nitrox available on the island - since I started diving Nitrox I feel a heck of a load better after each dive and now hate the idea of bog standard air!

3. The info seems to be no shore diving from the resort - again I've emailed but no reply :-(

Hope you can help :) I'm looking forward to the trip - I just have to get through the wedding day first (public speaking eeeeeek!)
:D

Hi Bob,
Viti Water Sports are the only Dive Operators on Matamanoa - Aquatrek use to be but not for many years now. There is no shore diving, however you have a choice of 25 different dive sites within 20/25 minutes of the Resort.

Please email mike@vitiwatersports.com.fj for any other questions you have.

Congratulations on your wedding and we look forward to your visit at Matamanoa Island.

Vinaka Jill
Director of Sales & Marketing
Matamanoa Island Resort
Fiji Islands

Hi Bob,
Viti Water Sports are the only Dive Operators on Matamanoa - Aquatrek use to be but not for many years now. There is no shore diving, however you have a choice of 25 different dive sites within 20/25 minutes of the Resort.

Please email mike@vitiwatersports.com.fj for any other questions you have.

Congratulations on your wedding and we look forward to your visit at Matamanoa Island.

Vinaka Jill
Director of Sales & Marketing
Matamanoa Island Resort
Fiji Islands

Hi - Thanks for the response - I'll email Mike now - I tried the contact email on their website but no joy.

If you could possibly give them a poke to let them know there is an email waiting that would be great.

Cant wait to get their in September - will be the last week of our honeymoon so will be ultra relaxing // loads of diving :)

Cheers

Alex

Bula Alex,

Congratulations on your wedding and decision to go to Matamanoa Island Resort!

As Jill said, Viti Water Sports (an offshoot from the original Aqua Trek) run the diving on Matamanoa.

Whilst we don't have nitrox, most of our dives are relaxed and relatively shallow - we don't go much below 18 m (60 ft). The dives are pretty and easy - what I term 'resort diving'.

As the reef surrounding the island is a marine reserve, and the only access across it to the deeper water is through the boat channel, we do not allow shore diving for your safety.

We dive at 0900, 1100 and in the afternoon if there is the demand, so you can schedule your diving around other activities.

Please note that the email that Jill gave you was incorrect - it's mike@vitiwatersports.com. Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Mike

We did some diving with Aqua Trek back in 04

I'm looking at the panoramic Musket Cove picture on my wall....

Bula Alex,

Congratulations on your wedding and decision to go to Matamanoa Island Resort!

As Jill said, Viti Water Sports (an offshoot from the original Aqua Trek) run the diving on Matamanoa.

Whilst we don't have nitrox, most of our dives are relaxed and relatively shallow - we don't go much below 18 m (60 ft). The dives are pretty and easy - what I term 'resort diving'.

As the reef surrounding the island is a marine reserve, and the only access across it to the deeper water is through the boat channel, we do not allow shore diving for your safety.

We dive at 0900, 1100 and in the afternoon if there is the demand, so you can schedule your diving around other activities.

Please note that the email that Jill gave you was incorrect - it's mike@vitiwatersports.com. Please feel free to contact me.

Regards,

Mike

Oops sorry guys, cheers Jill

Cool stuff guys - will see you in about 3 weeks - we've just landed in hong kong and i'm currently making sure the minibar is empty in the hotel.

See you for some chilled diving (and maybe a wreck and some sharks ;-) ) at the end of september.

Alex and Becky

i dived there last december,dive boat,fijian divemasters,diving,ect, was good,the couple running the operation ,on behalf of i gather??? vitiwatersports.left ALOT to be desired.
iam not going to flame the reasons why,as its not for me to tarnish or slam a personal attack on someone.lets just say that certain aspects left alot to be desired IMO.
enjoy the rest of your honeymoon.:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom