Whats the easiest way?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Col.Maniac

Reaction score
Any one know the best way to put on a wetsuit when its wet? It does have zipps to make it easyer but they sill dont help.
As one of my next day dives I had trouble putting it on, spent longer than normal, wasted so much energy I was tired after, turned from an embarrassing:embarr: situation to an anoying one:fire:

I havent got any problems when its dry only takes 2 min max :)

If you don't have a thin dive skin, get one. They make getting a wetsuit on and off a lot easier and are great alone for sunburn and jellyfish sting protection when the thermal protection is not needed.
I also roll the top portion of the wetsuit down over the lower section, right up to the crotch. I can then work the legs on and kind of roll the rest of it up by body. I take it off the same way.

That's the easiest way I have found.

herman once bubbled...
I also roll the top portion of the wetsuit down over the lower section, right up to the crotch. I can then work the legs on and kind of roll the rest of it up by body. I take it off the same way.

That's the easiest way I have found.

I do the same thing, but I go all the way to the knees. The suit is almost inside-out. I only have to pull the lower leg on. Then I start "rolling" it on up. Peel it off like a banana peel letting it go completely inside out, then get the lower leg set for the next dive.

Thanks il give that a try, I guess its going to take practice to get it right :lol:
Tony

Col - I don't dream of donning my suit (wet or dry) without a skin on. It makes things soooo much easier. No one likes to be worn out before they get in the water.

TotalAngel :angel:

Personally I get mine on no problem by rolling it up.
But I have seen people use diluted baby shampoo sprayed on the body to create slippage;
it's usually found on most boats as their defog.
It looks like it works fine, but can't comment on any side effects.

Try putting some socks on before sliding your foot through, it will help your heel to slide through without handing up. (especially tight fitting wetsuits)

I also agree with all the other posts about a skin!! Much easier!!

Jeff Lane

Thanks il try a pair of socks next time, Thats the hard bit getting your foot through :)

If you don't have socks handy, in a pinch you can use a plastic grocery store bag over your foot to slide your leg in (pull it off once you get your leg in, you probably wouldn't want to dive with them on).

I have always got a pair of socks handy :) just never thought of using em like that, I till got to undress and it dont matter if my clothes get alittle wet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom