The O'Reily Factor - On Fox - Fair and Balanced

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Don't know if anyone saw the broadcast last night (9/4/03) but Bill had a section on shark diving in cages off the California coast.

Bill stated that he was an avid diver and how great it (diving) was. Also, told the guest that he "being Bill" would come out and do a shark dive with the guest's organization.

Was an overall positive segment..........

and on Bill's behalf a great way to get in a free shark dive!!!

I heard two interesting things in that segment.

1) Bill asked the CEO guy if there there were Divemasters in the cages with the customers and the response was, "Oh no, we don't get in the cages." It may have been an accident but the way it came out it sounded like "Are you insane!? You couldn't pay me to get in one of those cages!"

2) You don't have to be a certified diver to make the trip. I guess they run some kind of SNUBA setup.

Cool, I didn't see the show but I like Bill and didn't know he was a diver.

That was a pithy comment........Bill!

Caymanaic:D

When Bill introduced the segement - he made it sound that the shark diving and the lady who was killed in California was related. It wasn't until towards the end of the segement they made it clear as to how she was killed. Any death it tragic but there are a lot of non-diving non-informed people out there - who only listened to the 1st moments and went away thinking that divers in the cage was being eaten.

I'm a loyal watcher but that almost had a negative "spin" to it.

Becky in Kansas

negitive sells better than positive when it come to the news...

Back
Top Bottom