lobos 12/4 and 12/5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andrewy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Bunch of nice dives., if you were there you know :) . finally bunch of leopard sharks came in. right at the mouth of a coal chute, for 2 days we just took 50 heading and run into one or two i even managed to touch one :), bunch of big linkcods guarding their nests., and i finally seen electric ray 9did not touch it though)
As for our finds, were a small anchor painted white and marked Hopper, if it is yours it is with rangers.

i hope we will see great things like this next week !!!

How did you bring the anchor in?
I found a 5 lb. weight in the sand at Lover's and carried it for most of our dive, wasn't easy, amazing the amount of air you need in your wing to compensate for an extra 5 lbs.
Lost it at the end of the dive when I found the Hilton.

Kristina,

You found Paris Hilton at Lover's point? What was she doing, I know she is a diver but never seen her in our waters...

Did she look like this when you saw her?

2ynldn4.jpg

How did you bring the anchor in?
I found a 5 lb. weight in the sand at Lover's and carried it for most of our dive, wasn't easy, amazing the amount of air you need in your wing to compensate for an extra 5 lbs.
Lost it at the end of the dive when I found the Hilton.
Try 40 lbs with almost full tanks!

My boat anchor is 5 lbs plus the 15 feet of heavy chain. Dropping it would send me to the surface really fast. Be careful picking up heavy objects underwater.

no, it looked like this!!
Picture not taken by me, found on Internet.

Attachments

• hiltoni24_channel2.jpg
    hiltoni24_channel2.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 40
that was small anchor for a RIB i guess no chain just piece of rope, i put in on double ender and on to my crotch strap., balanced nicely :) i would never pick up anything at depth if i cant secure it some how. this was on 15ft when we were almost at the ramp

Kristina,

Your Hilton is more exotic in color than the Hilton I posted... What a beauty... Thanks for posting... :)

Isn't it amazing the types of things you can find when you just slow down and stay in one small area? Incredibly diverse beauty, we are so lucky!

Back
Top Bottom