Florida Keys and Isabel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CMH777

Reaction score
Just wondering if any one in the Miami, Florida Keys area have any ideas about the conditions of this storm. I am suppose to be in Key Largo on the 15th through the 22nd. Just wondering if we should go on down or reschedule our trip. I looked at the 10 day forecast on weather.com and it looked pretty good. I guess I was wondering how drastic the conditions there can change. :confused:

I have friends on the keys and I've been keeping an eye on Isabel out of morbid curiosity.

At present, it's about 60 miles from the caribbean Islands and now a full catagory 5 hurricane.

NOAA does not want to say "yes" or "no" if it will hit Florida. There is some speculation at NOAA that it looks to hit southern Florida head on this weekend. Now, everyone else says "who knows" so far. I think it will take at leasy another 8 hours of tracking this system before they will have point of impact if any on the south eastern U.S. coastal cities.

Take a look at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT13/AL1303W.GIF

I am on the East coast of Central Florida and the reports we are getting at this time aren't very specific, but none of them show Isabell hitting anywhere (US) until at least mid week.

Hope they are right!!!

Laurel
:froggy:

Models are taking the storm into the Hatterus area, far from Florida....The east coast of Florida will pounded by huge ground swells but they shouldn't make it to the Keys

PS...Before the models took the storm northward, and a north central Florida impact looked likely, we were going to evacuate to the Keys!

We are diving the afternoon dive with Quiescence this Saturday the 20th. Will be our first ocean dive, can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom