Ikelite repair question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Allison Finch

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I had a few problems on my last month long trip to the Philippines.

First, due to my fault, I had the sync cord connection come loose at the housing end of my Rebel XTi. As a result, the connection flooded. I washed it, cleaned out corrosion and it continued to work. I would like to send the housing and cord in for servicing to repair any damage.
Is the cord repairable? Should I send both in for servicing? While the connection worked, there was noticeable corrosion on the pins.

Secondly, My new DS 160 battery latch broke. I was able to retrieve the battery but, of course, it is useless. I read that there had been problems with these latches being substandard and breaking. Is Ikelite covering this damage with replacement? Would I need to send it in and, if so, what would be the way to do it?

Any help on these matters are appreciated. I love my Ike equip and, over the 15 years I have been using it, these are the first problems I have had.

I can't speak to the flooding issue.

You can repair the toggle paw (pawl?) on the battery yourself. It is a fairly inexpensive part and not hard to repalce.

For a while they were sending out replacement toggle paws in the event that you broke one for certain batteries manufactured in a particular time frame. There is more information about that on their website if you care to research it there.

Allison,

Please send all of the flooded/damaged components to Ikelite for evaluation and repair. We replace damaged cords; single cord is $50 and dual cord is $85. Please go to the following link for information regarding the broken toggle pawl: Important Notices
For information about how to send in your Ikelite equipment, go to the "Repair Information" section of the following page: Contact Ikelite

Regards,

Back
Top Bottom