Aeris contour tank slipping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

me_diver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi,

On my first week of real usage on vacation with my Aeris Contour BCD, the tank slipped through the strap on one of my early dives. The strap had been presoaked and tightened by my husband. I found that all the other BCs on the boat or around the resort we could look at had a rubber no-slip piece that slips over the strap. I was able to get one on loan from the Dive Shop there (but returned it before I left). It solved the problem for the rest of the dives.

Question: Was the Aeris Contour supposed to come with one of these?

Where can I find one? I haven't been able to find just this piece anywhere....

Thanks,
Melissa Abato

Contact Tobin at DSS. He's on the board. He has some accessories to help with this.

Also, make sure your tank strap is threaded correctly and you are cinching it up correctly. There is a right way and a wrong way to tighten the strap. Maybe a quick review with your instructor would be a good idea.

Also, make sure your tank strap is threaded correctly and you are cinching it up correctly. There is a right way and a wrong way to tighten the strap. Maybe a quick review with your instructor would be a good idea.

Thanks, it was threaded correctly, the diveshop looked at it.

My wife has the same BC and it does not come with a rubber no-slip pad. She doesn't have any tank slippage problems, but that obviously doesn't do you any good :) .

Dive Rite has a tank band rubber band for 2.00 here: Tank Straps, Adapters and Weights - Dive Gear Express (scroll down to the individual items section) if you have a shop that carries dive rite in your area they can probably get one for you no problem.

BUT the "backpack" has a rubber pad built into it already so more rubber may not help the situation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom