Wing Storage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pauly.hazards

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
When not wsing my wings should I keep them fully inflated, half, or empty..... or does it even make a differnce either way?

I leave em hung up fully inflated. Less apt for mold that way. I just wouldn't leave them completely empty of air for any length of time. Make sure they're rinsed out and you get all the water out. Doesn't make a difference on seam performance or anything though

I store mine (Oxycheq) uninflated, but I remove the OPV so that there's "some" air flow and it's totally drained of rinse water.

Well, not empty, partial inflation, though the two suggestions above seem ok too. Personal preference.

Hi,

I am sure there is a proper answer to your question, but honestly as long as you make sure there isn't water rolling around inside, the amount of inflation isn't going to make much difference.

To tell tales on myself, (keep in mind I dive fresh water) I simply throw the wing in my garage until the next dive in whatever shape its in (oops, did I say that out loud?). These are pretty rigorous pieces of equipment so they can take some abuse.

Cheers,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom