Ft Lauderdale diving (looking for buddies)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shadowdaz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, All!

My name is Dmitri, I am going to Ft Lauderdale for a vacation April 24-May 4th and wanted to dive there.
How's diving in that area? I know some people go off the shore and some take the boat.
Anyone wants to buddy up for diving?
I thought about shore diving first and then maybe a boat dive during that time.
Any cenotes in Ft Lauderdale area?

Any recommendations are welcome.
Thanks

Well you will have Lauderdale-by-the-sea which has a cool shore dive. There is actually 3 reef systems out there but the first one is the only one good for shore diving. If you want to travel a little you can do Jupiter and West Palm which are great boat dives.

This thread has good information on the Lauderdale by the Sea beach dive site:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/290550-lauderdale-sea-beach-dive.html

This meetup group does a lot of shore dives: I am not a member but several SB'ers are. I am sure you can do shore dives with them if you don't locate another buddy before arriving in FL

Gold Coast Scuba Divers (954) 616-5909 (Fort Lauderdale, FL) - Meetup

I've been out with this op several times. You can usually buddy up with someone on the boat if you have not prearranged a buddy.

Pompano Dive Center

No cenotes in south Florida

Thanks for the suggestions.
I think I am going to do at least one shore dive and hopefully one boat dive.
We'll see how it goes.

P.S. just got my first dive computer for my birthday from friends. Will be trying it out there. :cool:

Well you will have Lauderdale-by-the-sea which has a cool shore dive. There is actually 3 reef systems out there but the first one is the only one good for shore diving.

Just curious, why do you say that only the first reef is good for shore diving? I have never been there, but plan to be on Wednesday.

Its more of a comment on the long swim to the outer reefs.

We have been diving LBS 2 or 3 weekends a month lately. Great diving. The second reef is a nicer dive than the first, IMO, and the swim is easy.
3rd reef seems a bit far out there, but still doable from the shore for a good swimmer. I'm more worried about boats out that far. Make sure to keep your distance from the pier.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom