Ft Lauderdale advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

soduh

Registered
Reaction score
My girlfriend and I are heading down for a long weekend to visit some friends in south Florida and we were looking for some advice on who to go through for a charter in the Ft. Lauderdale/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea area. We are both OW and do not have nitrox certs yet if that helps tailor your recommendations.

Thanks!

You can shore dive Lauderdale by the sea, and gold coast scuba does some meetups if you want to go with a group.

We've also gone out with American Dream that the closer to Lauderdale, they have been good.. We have our own tanks so you'd want to ask them about tanks. They are more of a charter and not a real 'store' as such.

Lauderdale divers is another one, they have recently moved. I don't think they have a boat but they do list dive trips, they may use the dream.

Our usual is closer to Pompano, DxDivers .. so maybe a bit further north for you but we like them and make the drive up. Lots of good sites, they have their schedule on line.

Enjoy your visit and the diving :)
Jaan

Second Dixie Divers, like them too.
You might be able to shore dive the LBS pier. It is closed due to storm damage.
Would ask locally first and watch for boats bait fishing. Im going to check it this weekend.

Sea Experience

My girlfriend and I are heading down for a long weekend to visit some friends in south Florida and we were looking for some advice on who to go through for a charter in the Ft. Lauderdale/Lauderdale-by-the-Sea area. We are both OW and do not have nitrox certs yet if that helps tailor your recommendations.

Thanks!
I'll second American Dream.

I just got back from Ft. Lauderdale. Nothing but good things to say about Sea Experience. I also stayed in Bahia Mar hotel for ease of movement and it was all super convenient. The walkout from my room was maybe 100 feet to the dive shop, the room was nice enough too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom