Going to Spain: Where to dive in the Ibiza-Velencia-Barcelona Triangle?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sobe

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi all,

OWA looking for good dives with safe rental gear. I will be in Spain for Tomatina (huge tomato fight) between August 27th and September 5th.

Any good spots? Ill take any advice:
In a perfect world Im looking for, in order:
1. things I wont find in USA dives
2. wrecks
3. deep
4. or just nice fish :)

Also, medical/insurance?
I have D.A.N do I need a "local" policy? Will I require a medical form?

sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance for any help :)

I suggest you go to Medes islands (I know it's at north of Barcelona, out of your triangle) :

I often dive with Oceansub at l'Estartit.

What can you see there ? You can look at my (bad) photos of Medes islands here.

Yes you will need medical form. DAN insurance should be OK.
You will see wrecks (about -35m to -45m), caves, red and yellow gorgons, rays, groupers, slugs...

Other place to see is at Cap Creus (near Cadaques) "la Masse de Oro" : barracudas, many groupers...

Good Tomatina :D

Yes, l'Estartit is a "must-do" when you are in the Area.

Do you visit the Baleares as well? Then see Ibiza! Mallorca is more known, but Ibiza is a secret-tip. :)

Yes, you neet Insurance, DAN is perfect. A medicalform is highly recomended.

Hi,

I work for Punta Dive, we´ve got 4 centres spread over the island, two of which have boats based at the centres. If you need any information or help with accommodation let us know as we work with most of the hotels on the island.

There´s loads of nice diving here, the Cathedral and the Cave of Lights if caves/caverns are your thing, the Don Pedro (143m ro-ro ferry fresh in the water, lying between 27 and 42m) as well as loads of other nices dives. The fish life is typical Med, so expect to see Octopus, Moray Eel, Barracudas, Amberjacks, Dorada and all the usual smaller life. Dolphins and Turtles aren´t impossible, but I´d be lying if I said I´ve ever seen either of them in the water! You see Dolphins when you´re travelling on the boat fairly frequently too.

Email me at scott.tukai@hotmail.co.uk if you need any more info!

Back
Top Bottom