Advice for diving Barcelona Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I will be departing on a Viking Ocean Cruise that leaves Barcelona in August 2022. Since I have a few days in Barcelona before the ship departs, I thought I would look into doing some scuba diving there. I’m looking for any advice or recommendations for doing this. I’m an experienced diver with advanced certifications. I will probably not be doing any other diving on the cruise so I did not plan to bring my own gear. I could be convinced otherwise if gear rental is not recommended. If you have been diving in Barcelona and have any particular do’s or don’ts, I would love to hear about those as well.

Hey Vincent
you'll find great Diving Spots arround Illes Medes or Cap de Creus.
But it is a 1.5 hr drive north of Barcelona

You might want to post this on the Western Europe regional forum. Or do a search in that forum re "Barcelona"

I doubt there is good diving from Barcelona, although it looks like some outfits offer it. I know the Medes Islands from L'Estartit - about 2 hrs North, is thought of as the best diving in the Costa Brava. Tossa de Mar also has diving.

I dove the Cap de Creus from Roses, further up the coast. I only brought mask & fins - no problem w/ rentals. Nice diving, not comparable to the Caribbean or other tropical diving, but enjoyable. About 70 F water at the surface in Sept - maybe colder at depth

My thread re diving from Roses

Hey Vincent
you'll find great Diving Spots arround Illes Medes or Cap de Creus.
But it is a 1.5 hr drive north of Barcelona

The Medes are the best place to dive on the Costa Brava.

L'Escala is also a nice place to dive. That's where I learnt in 1990. :wink:

In both locations, you'll find plenty of operators, but remember : August is the high season, so there'll be looooads of people, and traffic and parking will be complicated. Anyway, I think it's worth the challenge.

Back
Top Bottom