W/A from Saturday 4/16 off of Pompano

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fisheyeview

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Ft. Lauderdale, FL (The Diving Capital of the Worl
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Finally got to download and go through my images from this weekends dives.

Saturday I dove off a private boat off of Pompano with my spearo.

Dive 1 was on the 100' reef near the Noulla Express. Dive 2 was on the 80' reef. Did about an hour on each dive. By the end of the 2nd dive we were north of the Boca inlet, so we were moving. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scott. I just posted a question about Pompano, Del Ray, Boca diving. After seeing your pics I think i just found my expert. I'm thinking of moving to Del Ray and would bring my freshwater boat down and dive off of it. I'm 2000 dives and 20 years of boating so all i need is some of the details and i be divin. Any ideas where i can find the best info about close to shore boat diving?

Scott. I just posted a question about Pompano, Del Ray, Boca diving. After seeing your pics I think i just found my expert. I'm thinking of moving to Del Ray and would bring my freshwater boat down and dive off of it. I'm 2000 dives and 20 years of boating so all i need is some of the details and i be divin. Any ideas where i can find the best info about close to shore boat diving?

I would talk to ForceE Dive Center. They are very knowledgable about the area.

Delray Beach Scuba Diving - Dive Delray Beach's reef and snorkeling sites

Great job with the pics Scott. That eel shot came out especially nice, because you rarely see them captured in pics with their mouth that wide open, which gives them an extra ominous look!

Also love the eel shot

love the eel shot. Very nice POV

Thanks

Great job with the pics Scott. That eel shot came out especially nice, because you rarely see them captured in pics with their mouth that wide open, which gives them an extra ominous look!

Thanks Adrian

Also love the eel shot

Thanks Walter

I lay there at 106' for 5 minutes with my O2 warning beeping waiting for the butterfly to be in a good position. There was actually a pair of them, but one of them swam away before the shot was right. Either that, or I was seeing double from oxtox. :D

Loved the shot of the lion fish in the sponge.

Speaking of which, I understand that there's a local (to you, maybe) in Jupiter that's created a tool called the Liontamer that helps with the eradication of the Lion Fish. Have you heard about that?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Liontamer is essentially a mini sling spear. lion fish liontamer
It is a stainless rod, a couple wire ferrules, some rope, beads, and surgical tube.

I like using my foldspear with paralyzer tip on the little buggers. got 7 of the 9 we saw in Pompano on sunday.

Loved the shot of the lion fish in the sponge.

Speaking of which, I understand that there's a local (to you, maybe) in Jupiter that's created a tool called the Liontamer that helps with the eradication of the Lion Fish. Have you heard about that?

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Thanks. I normally don't take pictures of them since they are an invasive species, but I had a specific need for the shot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom