Trip Report The Goliath Aggregation Has Arrived

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diveallthetime

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Had a great birthday getaway for 3 days of diving with Starfish Scuba and Capt. Chris and Dive Master Alex. Cannot say enough about this boat and crew as they make your diving relaxing and enjoyable. Very well run operation and that set you right on the dive spot.

Day one was a couple of reef dives (sorry I do not log dives) but they were very enjoyable.

Day two was the Castor and it did not disappoint. As we arrived on site we were all high fiving as there was no current (the accent line was slack) 80 foot vis and calm seas.
We hit the wreck and there we appx. 20 Goliath's milling around, in the short video you can get a great perspective with the diver directly behind this huge Grouper. I just hung out at the top of the wreck at about 80 feet until NDL said time to go, that's why I came down to dive with Starfish so I took it all in. 2nd dive we did the Budweiser and were able to swing over another wreck as again current was pretty non-existent.

Day 3 another couple of great reef dives and my son and I saw a hammerhead which was such a bonus. Lots of fish life, great vis and little current.

I have dove Jupiter and also the keys a few times, I do believe for myself this was the most enjoyable Florida diving to date.

Stayed in a nice Air Bnb in Delray a 1/2 block off of Atlantic and on the intercoastal. Ate 2 times at Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza (would highly recommend).

Was a wonderful time to spend with my son and cannot think of anything but positives. I think this video link will work. Just a quick one.

Day two was the Castor
Thanks for the great report on the GG's bunching up already. Can't see the vid since it's not set to public, but I saw other diver's pictures that showed 20+ on the wreck which is really encouraging.

Thanks for the report. If you want others to be able to see the video, you need to change the settings to allow public access.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom