Insight violation mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Xaryo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have an Insight dive computer I bought in 2008. IN the user manue, it is said that when in violation, the computer will revert in gauge mode.

In the manuel, it is said that only the depth and ascendometer will be displayed on the main screen, but nothing is said concerning the bottom time normaly displayed on the first alternate display.

My question is, when in gauge mode caused by violation, will it continue to keep track of the bottom time also?

And will I be able to retrieve the data afterward to see the dive profile?

Xaryo:
There is a pre-2009 and a newer 2009 version of the Insight so we want to make sure you are using the right manual for the right computer. Depending on which violation and how you got there, the displays are different. Based on your date of purchase, we are assuming you have the pre-2009 version. Please review the attached link to the manual here: https://akona.com/files/83c42241ce/817.InSight.pdf and contact an authorized dealer if you need additional help when you go into violation. There are numerous violation modes that you need to be comforatable with and the whole idea is to not go into these modes and if you do, know how to interpret the data and know how you got there. To properly answer your question, we need to know whether it was conditional, delayed, immediate or permanent violation mode. Yes, you will be able to see your violation and the data. Please see the pages immediately following the link above to learn more about what your log will show. Let us know if you need anything else and safe diving.
Team Sherwood

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom