Projekt 335

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neuro

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Current cold water deep dive record (264m) keeper - Dariusz Wilamowski will attempt deepest dive in Garde lake (.it) this summer. The goal is to reach 335m depth in _cold_ water (below 8 degrees Celsius). The official page is in polish only (O projekcie - Projekt 335), but here you can have a quick peeek at the preparation phase YouTube - Projekt 335-ETAP PIERWSZY .

Cheers,
Piotr

Nope. Beside the deepest cold water dive the goal is test of regulators, dive computers and drysuits in extreme conditions, as well as the gear (used in dive) promotion.

Cheers,
Piotr

The 264m dive required 12h deco. I wouldn't expect anything shorter then :wink:

Piotr

Hi,

Current cold water deep dive record (264m) keeper - Dariusz Wilamowski will attempt deepest dive in Garde lake (.it) this summer. The goal is to reach 335m depth in _cold_ water (below 8 degrees Celsius). The official page is in polish only (O projekcie - Projekt 335), but here you can have a quick peeek at the preparation phase YouTube - Projekt 335-ETAP PIERWSZY .

Cheers,
Piotr
Actually that would be the deepest dive ever (cold or warm), since the current record is 318.25m depth (Nuno Gomez, Dahab, 2005).

Actually that would be the deepest dive ever (cold or warm), since the current record is 318.25m depth (Nuno Gomez, Dahab, 2005).

The Guinness book of records stopped allowing depth records after Nuno's record. Pascal Bernabe claims 330m.
All praise to Gomes for his record though. Especially considering the Dahab dive centre involved don't exactly have the greatest safety record :eyebrow:

The Guinness book of records stopped allowing depth records after Nuno's record. Pascal Bernabe claims 330m.
All praise to Gomes for his record though. Especially considering the Dahab dive centre involved don't exactly have the greatest safety record :eyebrow:
Guinness stopped allowing deep air records long time ago. I'm not aware they stopped allowing trimix records.

As for Pascal, as far as I know he didn't manage to provide any supporting evidence. He didn't surface with a tag and his VR3 displayed only 265m.

As for the outfit Nuno used, well, sometimes you're just a lucky moron. :D

I was also under the impression that only air dive would not be recorded. I understand that trimix is still recorded. If the 335m dive is successfully and in accordance with Guinness, then it will be a new world record. In the meantime it remains in South Africa!!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom