upper keys report, 5/7/11, pics,,,,,,,

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
elected to dive the closest outside reef to my home, molasses(again). objective was to observe and photo the schools of eagle rays from last saturday. yesterday, no luck and we struck out again today(zero!!). lots of divers @ the shallow buoys and wrecks so we decided to double drop on deep molasses; light winds, 1ft seas, mdt-strong current, viz 50+ 1st dive and barely 40ft on the second, 79F @ 55-90FT. i heard the viz was mediocre; molasses north to carysfort. tim again shot wide angle, a few turtles(the hawksbill in todays photo was shot both days last week, barnacles give him or her away), one goliath and abundant reef fish(notably, angels and butterfly fish),,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• DSC_6191.jpg
    DSC_6191.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC_6247.jpg
    DSC_6247.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC_6260.jpg
    DSC_6260.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC_6296.jpg
    DSC_6296.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 50
  • DSC_6355.jpg
    DSC_6355.jpg
    225.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_6397.jpg
    DSC_6397.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_6418.jpg
    DSC_6418.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 46
Interesting choice of hidey spot for the scorpionfish.

I can never resist the opportunity to try to get more than one queenie in a shot. Nice - especially with a couple of juvenile spanish hogfish also hanging about to add to the shot.

Kevin

we have observed lionfish, spider crabs(pic below from yesterday), lobster and coral growing in those deep water sponges. on the shot with 2 queen angels, there were actually 5 on that rock but had dispersed when tim came in for the shot @ 75FT. the dropoff as previoulsy stated is loaded with angels and buttterfly fish. i observed a school of 12+ juvenille reef butterfly fish swimming around @ 80ft but to skitish to shoot as a group,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• DSC_6195.jpg
    DSC_6195.jpg
    317.3 KB · Views: 38
we have observed lionfish, spider crabs(pic below from yesterday), lobster and coral growing in those deep water sponges. on the shot with 2 queen angels, there were actually 5 on that rock but had dispersed when tim came in for the shot @ 75FT. the dropoff as previoulsy stated is loaded with angels and buttterfly fish. i observed a school of 12+ juvenille reef butterfly fish swimming around @ 80ft but to skitish to shoot as a group,,,,

reefman
key largo

Neat stuff, but it kills me to go to all that trouble to do a dive and then have to come up so soon.

Can't figure out what, exactly, I'm looking at in that photo. Is that one crab?

Kevin

Neat stuff, but it kills me to go to all that trouble to do a dive and then have to come up so soon.

Can't figure out what, exactly, I'm looking at in that photo. Is that one crab?

Kevin

one crab and we dive 100HP steels/35-3700 pressure, 36 mix and dives average 60-65 minutes @ 50-90FT,,,,,

reefman
key largo

nice.

winds are calm; and just decided to head out for a few dives. a report and photos tonite,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom