My first D7000 uw-video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fota

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a Nikon D7000 and after testing it on two dives here in Sweden I've put together a video to show a little what the D7000 is capable of, and what a small part of the Swedish west coast looks like under the surface.

I did the first dive with a macro lens and the second with a wide angle. On the second dive I also experiented some using only natural lights.

I'm far from a video pro, still struggling with basic settings and holding the camera still ;-), but I see tons of potential in this camera and some clips actually turned out quite OK (if you ask me ;-)).

Comments are much appreciated!

YouTube, up to 1080p!
YouTube - Scuba Diving with D7000 at Väderöarna May 06 2011

Looks great to me. So what settings were you using? What lights do you use and at what power for the macro? For the natural light I assume this was no filter and just white balancing?

Looks great to me. So what settings were you using? What lights do you use and at what power for the macro? For the natural light I assume this was no filter and just white balancing?

Oh soo many questions, maybe I should start a workshop. ;-)

I change the settings for each scene, and as video doesn't support exif I can't even check back how they were at a specific scene. The ISO was at 1000 for most scenes though (a bit lower on the few wide angle scenes that I shot with lights).

I use a FIXLED1000 as well as two DS161. Still experimenting with positioning them and I have not quite got it right for all scenes.

No filter, only white balancing.
I am curious about the Magic Green filter though.

Back
Top Bottom