This gear rocks!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pvs.A Diving

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey Hollis guys,

So the diving season is just getting going here in South Korea ( for those of us without drysuits) and so I got my Hollis fins, gloves, regs, HTS 2 and S38 wing into the water for the first time since I got them.

They rock! I was worried about the fins fit ( everybody seems to have problems) Me? Nope! They fit great and feel great. Gloves worked good, The HTS is really good (I added a couple of Dive Right pockets to it) The regs and HTS 2 and wing were incredible.

Two issues (Not complaining but wondering about addressing the issues)

1.) The regs 212/ DC1 REALLY honk. I think I read something on the board here about not enough lubrication or something.

2. There seems to be air leaking rom the top of the wing. This was the first two dives I had made with this wing ( have had it in the pool but I don't think it was leaking then). Is this normal? First time owner of a wing so I am not sure whether this is normal. In the rinse tank it was plain to see that the wing was in fact leaking air out the top near the sown seam.

A question for Nick...

Since these are brand new will the rep here in South Korea repair these issues? I purchased them in States.

These have been some of he best purchases I have made.

Love the stuff!

Alfred

2. There seems to be air leaking rom the top of the wing. This was the first two dives I had made with this wing ( have had it in the pool but I don't think it was leaking then). Is this normal? First time owner of a wing so I am not sure whether this is normal. In the rinse tank it was plain to see that the wing was in fact leaking air out the top near the sown seam.

Is the leak continuous throughout the entire dive? It is not unusual for air to get trapped between the outer shell & the bladder when first submerged. It will leak out around the seams & the bladder zipper at the beginning of a dive. However, this should settle out after a few minutes, as the trapped air makes its way out.

I have a Hollis Scooter & an H-O2 regulator & have been thrilled with them!

tstromdiver,

Yeah that is exactly what was going on. Took it to a friend/Dive instructor/Equipment god who took a look at it.

Still wondering if the honking can be fixed if I take the regs into an aurthorized dealer. Can they adjust or add lubricant or what have you?

Alfred

I would say it's worth a shot. I've never had the problem with my O2 regulator honking. If the regulator is dry when honking, then it may just be the diaphragm vibrating & once wet , it will stop. Not unusual for some regulators. If it does it during the dive, then it may warrant taking a look at it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom