Alexander Springs Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

geogator

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a few questions about diving at Alexander Springs. I just earned my PADI OW certification this weekend (woo-hoo!! I had a blast doing it!!) & would like to go down to Alexander sometime in the next month or so to dive (with another buddy). I was there snorkeling with the family in late April but forgot to get info on diving the spring. (I did see a couple of classes do their OW checkout dives though.) I have recently seen a Trip Advisor posting that stated that you must have your final plastic certification card (w/ the photo on it) in order to dive at Alexander & that they won't allow you to have just your temp card & a photo ID. Does anyone know if this is true? It'll be a bummer if I have to wait around for several weeks for the official card to arrive in the mail before I can dive there. Also, how much is it to dive there? I remember that it was $ 5.50 per person to just enter the park for day use. Do you have to pay that fee in addition to a dive fee as well?

Thanks for any info anyone can provide for me.

Last edited:
Thanks for the number. I talked with the park manager yesterday & she's good with a temp card as long as you have a photo ID to prove you're the card holder. It's also VERY cheap to dive there. Only $ 6.47 per diver which includes your admission to the park. Can't beat that for a fun, easy place for a couple of newbies to go hone their skills.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom