ds substrobe smart charger?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scuba-s

Reaction score
i have a couple of ds strobes 1 -ds125 and 1-ds160 and have found that when i plug the charger into the ds battery's it will not make a connection i have to push the connection in firmly to get it to work otherwise it will not make a connection,i have resorted to taping the connection to the battery to get it to work and even that is not working anymore even when i first got the charger a number of years ago it would not always make a good contact is there anything i can do to improve this as it is pissing me off something chronic
Steve

i have a couple of ds strobes 1 -ds125 and 1-ds160 and have found that when i plug the charger into the ds battery's it will not make a connection i have to push the connection in firmly to get it to work otherwise it will not make a connection,i have resorted to taping the connection to the battery to get it to work and even that is not working anymore even when i first got the charger a number of years ago it would not always make a good contact is there anything i can do to improve this as it is pissing me off something chronic
Steve

spread out the contact on the battery a bit with a non conducting tool.

You may need to replace the plug on the end of the charger which connects to the battery pack. You can order these through the Ikelite office (317-923-4523). The Ikelite part number is 0083.75.

Regards,
Jean / Ikelite
IKELITE Underwater Systems

I am so happy I found this thread.

I had the tip of one of my Smart Chargers pull out on a recent trip to Curacao. I thought the charger was a goner for sure.

I ordered the part and received it within a few days.

The tip came right out of my charger and the replacement went right back in. Simple even for a guy like me.

What a great design.

Thanks Ikelite!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom