Will need buddies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey guys, with just under six weeks to the start of my journey to Boca, I'm posting somewhat of a roll call for dive buddies.
I plan on doing dives during the weekend mostly, but maybe during weekdays, schedule permitting. I would REALLY appreciate meeting as many of you locals as possible.
I will be staying in boca for school, so I need consistent dive buddies

I'm going to bump this thread closer to August, but just wanted to give the heads up early, as I want to dive as soon as I drive down there.

I would appreciate buddies anywhere near Boca (Yes I plan on diving BHB)

I plan on doing shore dives mostly.

Add me, or send me a msg, or reply to this thread and i'll tell you more about me (if you wanna know anything else)

Okay, that may be just a tad far to regularly dive, but I will contact you when I have the best availability.
I actually may be able to dive august 16th or 17th there if that's a possibility for you
Im going to add you to my friends if thats okay

Any other takers?

Just a Casual bump

Under five weeks
MY PLAN
Arrive in the South Fl area August 15th (MONDAY)
Shore dive BHB once a day until Aug 22nd (The next MONDAY)
If anyone is willing, we could do another shore dive after BHB (or before) along the coastline either north or south of BHB

I am completely mobile from BHB to Pompano
If you plan on doing multiple shore dives that are NOT BHB, I will gladly tag along :D

Bottom Line
If you are shore diving at least 2 times or more any day throughout that week, I would gladly come along if invited.
Hey, i may even drag your dive flag out :wink:

I also may anchor it once at the dive site (is that allowed in FL?)

I've got a friend coming in town that week and we are planning on diving, diving, diving. We will be doing BHB a couple times at least, but will also be beach diving in Hollyweird and LBTS. May get a boat one day to do some deeper stuff. Thinking of the Sea Emperor and a reef.

i am in miami and dive up in that area probably every week to dive. there are several different locations to shore dive in that area. pm me when you get here and i will we can hit the water.

Hey, just keeping my thread alive,

any BHB divers feeling up to doing a dive @ BHB, then afterwards trekking east to the manmade wreck a short swim off the coast?

Just let me know

Ok
just a tip,I am sure you seen all the post's on BHB- my million dollar tip and you should remember this from your C-card training, get a guide to dive with you first time at the site due to tides & times and other conditions far from your control! if you cant find a guru due to work schedules try a local instructor or DM for a slight fee give you the tip's and trick's you need to know on BHB for just safety.
Next see if you can find a local that can give you the tip's and tricks of Lauderdale By The Sea a true SE Florida shore dive-you will learn to rise way before sunrise to get a meter on the end street to access point and its a fun dive on the rare days the ocean lays down and a bit of a swim out so be in good shape! And after a while you will tire of the hassle of parking and dragging stuff to the ocean and find charters all be it more costly but well worth the easy of kit up and critter diversity with out all the work!
Good luck on your new future in Florida the home of dreamers ,
Dive Safe.

Just over two weeks until I leave, I have semi solid plans with one person for monday, August 15th,,,, and Thursday August 19th,,,,,,,

This means that I still need buddies for the 16th, 17th, 18th, 20th, 21st, and 22nd. I have signed up on the gold coast meetup page, and have had minor luck.
I am anticipating more definite answers as the week gets closer, because it is still a little far off for people to know when they'll be diving.

I am not worried about buddies for slack tide at BHB, but worried for finding buddies along the coast at other shore diving locations.

WORST case scenario, I just camp outside of the windjammer webcam location (with kit set up already) and ask any divers walking by if I can tag along

So I am at the one week mark!

In seven days I will be driving down, 1400 miles to Florida.

I have harassed, manipulated, and begged multiple users and have had some success, but I still need more offers!

I have buddies for Monday the 15th, Tuesday the 16th, and Thursday the 18th.
That means I'm in need of peeps for Weds, the 17th, Friday the 19th, Sat the 20th, and Sun the 21st.

I'm expecting more solid plans with prospective buddies as this week rolls around, and as the Gold Coast Scuba meetup page gets more meetups!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom