Lightweight BC, Warm Water, Travel, Back Inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jar546

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
If that does not exist then a back inflate BC durable but lighter weight for travel or use by students.

Opinions?

The Zeagle Express Tech has a good many fans here, including myself. Inexpensive, light and backed by Zeagle. There are several threads on it.

Stilletto. Used it in Hawaii, Roatan and Galapagos. Although I'm dying to try some of the new lightweight folding BC's.

+1 for the Stiletto.

AL has a setup that all fits in a wheeled carry on sized bag including fins. I have a friend that has one, pretty nice for traveling. I like my stuff better though.:D

Have been researching this for a while, because I am planning to buy one soon.

Apart from Zeagle, other options include Scubapro Litehawk, Aqua Lung Zuma, and BP/Ws with light/travel plates like the Oxycheq ultra lite travel plate or the DSS kydex plate.

The Litehawk has 56# lift though and some people reported concerns regarding the Zuma's durability.

I have narrowed down my choices to Zeagle and DSS.

I'd recommend the Deep Sea Supply Kydex backplate and 17 or 26 lb wing (depending on what you are doing for exposure protection and weights). It's modular, and comes apart into pieces -- depending on how much you want to deconstruct it, it could come apart into two flat pieces and a small roll of webbing! It's extremely light and very fun to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom