and a few from south carysfort, 7/15

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
terrific day above the water(calm winds, flat seas, sunshine), not so much below on deep south carysfort. current was fierce(on a site(75FT in the sand) that rarely has any water movement), viz was mediocre/lousy; 30-35FT on the 1st dive, declining to less than 25FT in near whiteout conditions on the 2nd(kicked up sand), 83F @ 60-75FT. turtles, 2 reef sharks, eagle ray, huge goliath and black groupers, large schools of chubs, bar/yellow jacks and dog snapper. thankfully i dive without a camera. a few from tim,,,,,,,

photo 6 in the sand @ 75FT

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• _DSC8747.jpg
    _DSC8747.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 55
  • _DSC8759.jpg
    _DSC8759.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 40
  • _DSC8831.jpg
    _DSC8831.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 47
  • _DSC8843.jpg
    _DSC8843.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 52
  • _DSC8949.jpg
    _DSC8949.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 53
  • _DSC8971.jpg
    _DSC8971.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 54
Very nice, the currents have been crazy for awhile now

Very nice, the currents have been crazy for awhile now

the sites with managable current; elbow, benwood, french, statue and grecian were jammed yesterday as well on our way in. i heard there were zero buoys open in the PM @ those sites. i think we'll stay dry until after the weekend,,,,

reefman
key largo

That Tim seems to have a bit of the "show-off" in him. :D

Kevin

actually i pressure him to send me photos(our other dive buddies aren't so inclined to have their pics posted), especially when the viz sucks! what are my trip reports without tim's pics? in a word; boring(some would say my narrative is boring with pics!!)!!

reefman
key largo

actually i pressure him to send me photos(our other dive buddies aren't so inclined to have their pics posted), especially when the viz sucks! what are my trip reports without tim's pics? in a word; boring(some would say my narrative is boring with pics!!)!!
reefman
key largo

My point is that his shots are tremendous and I'm quite jealous of you guys.

Kevin

Thank you DT and mntlblok.

Current was rippin' and the viz was awful, but it's what reefman and I call a "skill enhancement day"

Thank you DT and mntlblok.

Current was rippin' and the viz was awful, but it's what reefman and I call a "skill enhancement day"

How many of us have shots with both a turtle and an eagle ray in em?? And, was the Bluehead Wrasse actually doing the cleaning, or was there a hidden Spanish Hogfish there?? Great stuff. *And* :D, I'm sure you can tell us whether that was a Scamp or a Yellowmouth. :D

Kevin

How many of us have shots with both a turtle and an eagle ray in em?? And, was the Bluehead Wrasse actually doing the cleaning, or was there a hidden Spanish Hogfish there?? Great stuff. *And* :D, I'm sure you can tell us whether that was a Scamp or a Yellowmouth. :D

Kevin

it was a yellowmouth, uncommon/rare in the upper keys. a number of small scamp are there as well(althought not pictured). south carysfort(65-75FT) is the only reef we dive where we commonly see both species. primarily juvenile bluehead wrasse @ that cleaning station(and it was very active on both 70 minute dives) ,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom