SOUTH CARYSFORT and ELBOW REEF, key largo, dive report, saturday, 5/9/15, pics

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reefman

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
stellar morning in the upper keys this saturday; sunshine, light winds, and flat seas. dive #1: SOUTH CARYSFORT REEF, anchor drop, no current, typical particulate viz 35-40FT for this location, water temp 79F @ 60-75FT. normally big animal site, today not so much. a few skittish reef sharks, overall, disappointing dive. repositioned south to ELBOW REEF and the CITY OF WASHINGTON wreck, buoy E9. blue then green water viz 60-45FT(tidal change), zero current, 79F @ 20-30FT. wreck to ourselves. terrific spot. pics from timg(all from city of Washington),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Attachments

• e1.jpg
    e1.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 84
  • e2.jpg
    e2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 72
  • e3.jpg
    e3.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 68
  • e4.jpg
    e4.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 62
  • e5.jpg
    e5.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 59
  • e6.jpg
    e6.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 59
  • e7.jpg
    e7.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 57
  • e8.jpg
    e8.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 58
  • e9.jpg
    e9.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 63
  • e10.jpg
    e10.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 59
  • e11.jpg
    e11.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 52
  • e12.jpg
    e12.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 57
  • e13.jpg
    e13.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 59
  • e14.jpg
    e14.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 52
  • e15.jpg
    e15.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 59
nice photos....thanks for sharing...the second puffer fish photo is funny.

BTW diva, RR schedules the city of Washington(ELBOW REEF) on the Tuesday PM trip, it's worthy(usually above average visibility and minimal current plus a nice boat ride)

reefman
key largo

We will have to miss that one...preparing GUMBO then! Maybe I can get my ScubaBoard buddies to give me a private tour one day :blinking:

HD will also do Washington sometimes on request. Was a great dive the time I did it. Big goliath and big nurse shark.

nice photos....thanks for sharing...the second puffer fish photo is funny.

Thank you iamrushman.

---------- Post added May 12th, 2015 at 07:59 AM ----------

LOVE those porcupine fish - great shots!

Thank you CajubDiva. Quite an unusual event with the porcupine fish.

HD will also do Washington sometimes on request. Was a great dive the time I did it. Big goliath and big nurse shark.

i suspect HD will be diving the elbow almost daily once they move their operations north by the end of june,,,,,,,

reefman
key largo

Horizon Divers is moving? So they will no longer be at the Mile marker 100 marina? Too bad. I would sometimes bounce between HD and OD depending on where they were going and my schedule.

Horizon Divers is moving? So they will no longer be at the Mile marker 100 marina? Too bad. I would sometimes bounce between HD and OD depending on where they were going and my schedule.

they are moving to the OD store @ mm106, bayside. I believe their boats will be moored in garden cove nearby silent world. lots of changes in the port largo canal as the only dive operator that owns their property is OD(divers direct). everyone else @ the mercy of lease agreements(including HD, some moving info in monthly newsletter),,,,,,

reefman
key largo

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom