Regulators: Beuchat vs Aqualung

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone!

I am a new diver and I am looking to buy my first regulator. I dive in Quebec, Canada where the water is cold and where you can ice dive in the winter. Hence, I am looking for a regulator that can work in very cold water. I have done a bit a research and my diving centre is a big fan of Beuchat products (from
France): they are a distributor for Beuchat in Canada. They also sell Aqualung. So, for cold water, they sell the Beuchat VR 200 (Beuchat) and the Aqualung Legend Supreme. The store clerks at the store are pushing for the Beuchat because they offer a free octopus with it. However, I know that Beuchat products are not serviced everywhere in North America unlike Aqualung. What about the quality and the after-sell service? They are similar in price and I don't mind spending a bit more money for an octopus if the Aqualung will be a better buy in the long run. Finally, what is your overall opinion about Beuchat and Aqualung? I am asking because I plan to buy other equipment.

I would really appreciate your thoughts and experiences.

Thank you!

Johnathan

I forgot to ask:Aqualung regulators have an "Automatic Closure Device". Is it a significant upgrade?

I live in Florida and have a Beuchat VS8 (Its on Loan forever to one of my friends) That Reg has been discontinued, but I have had it to 140Ft and and had no issues. I havent seen a diveshop in the US that sells Beuchat, but any good diveshop should be able to repair it (granted they could get the parts quickly enough). I was fortunate when my 1st stage diaphram blew and the LDS had one instock. I also have an Aqualung reg and here in FL, parts are stocked by the LDS abundently so turn around on it getting fixed is as fast as the tech can get to the reg

either one I would say is a good choice from my experience

I forgot to ask:Aqualung regulators have an "Automatic Closure Device". Is it a significant upgrade?

Only if you forget to put your dust cap back before rinsing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom