All gear stolen in Milwakee and I feel like quitting diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khel

Contributor
Reaction score
The short story of what has happend..

On October 18, I was taking Dirf class with DeepBlue in Milwakee, and after diving in the morning, we had a lecture at the shop. That's when all my gear was stolen from the car, parked just in front of diveshop :(
Anyway, I felt so bad about it, that I didn't even want to continue with this class. And thow I did finish the last day of class on sunday (thanks to the owner), the very though of diving brings back the pain and now I don't even want to think about diving, scuba and such (yeah, I know, it sounds stupid but..) Maybe it was the sign of destiny and I should find another hobby?? :(

The "funniest part" is that I was going to insure it from my next paycheck, oh well #$$!@! All I can say - sometimes life sucks...

khel

p.s. Here's an incomplete list that can help to identify it if by some miracle anybody runs into it..

Regulators
Apeks DS4 (DIN) / ATX40 (black) sn#3073256
Apeks DS4 (DIN) / ATX50 ( black ) sn#3072057
Apeks DIN to Yoke adapter

(the setup I used for diving that day was - 1 DS4, ATX50 on 5ft hose, ATX40 on short hose with bungee necklace, and OMS brass SPG. The second DS4 was in a spare parts kit)

Oxycheq SS Backplate, 30# Wing, harness, cambands, 100ft delrin spool, backup flashlight.
OMS brass SPG
Oceanic Versa Pro wrist computer with diy wrist band
Suunto SK7 compass (wrist mount)
Cressi BigEyes mask
Mares Avanti Quatro fins (black and blue)

Check with you homeowener/renters insurance. You may be covered. Usually only very expensive items like jewelry require special insurance. I know my homeowners ins covers things like golf clubs, and I get replacement value, not depreciated value. Good luck and don't let some idiot spoil something you enjoy.

That is terrible. You did make a police report right? Also over on www.thedecostop.com they have a place that you can register stolen gear so others can be on the look out for it.

I feel for you.

I can see how that would hurt. I would hate to have that happen :(

I'm sure you've already done the police report. Chasing the homeowner's policy is the best idea.

Of course, if you are renting, or a poor starving student, or just not made out of money....

Sigh.

Peter

pdoege once bubbled...
I feel for you.

I can see how that would hurt. I would hate to have that happen :(

I'm sure you've already done the police report. Chasing the homeowner's policy is the best idea.

Of course, if you are renting, or a poor starving student, or just not made out of money....

Sigh.

Peter

Yep, I did a police report and put it in stolen gear database on thedecostop and going to email the list with sn# to nearby diveshops... and I'm renting an appartment, so homeowners insurance is out of the question :-(

Well, I don't think that I'll quite diving, but I won't be able to dive often. It's just that going back to renting everything :eek: - I'm not too comfortable with that thought.... hate renting scuba gear :)

I'm amazed you were ripped off in front of the store, that's a pretty busy road. Do you have renter's insurance? That should cover your gear.

If you don't have it, get it, it's cheap.

Hope you can get your stuff back.

ppilot once bubbled...
I'm amazed you were ripped off in front of the store, that's a pretty busy road. Do you have renter's insurance? That should cover your gear.

If you don't have it, get it, it's cheap.

Hope you can get your stuff back.

By now I check out everything, and none of my insurances can cover this one :( Should be smarter next time, I guess :)

Thanks a lot for advice and support :)

khel

My home was burgled this weekend. The theif didnt take much equipment though. We can only thank God for that, and that it wasnt more damaging.

A question for the Board and experienced..

What method do you find most effective for insuring your equipment? Homeowners via a rider..other avenues? Any info would be helpful.

khel I feel for you. believe me I know how you feel.:upset:

Back
Top Bottom