Diving in UK for first time.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

craig chamberlain

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

on saturday i will be doing my first dive in england. i have done all of my diving in egypt. yesterday i was in the pool with a drysuit doing the padi speacialiry course. i got wet!!!!!! also i found that my bouyancy was really bad in the drysuit. in a wetsuit io would consider myself to have decent bouyancy controll. QUESTION - when i go back to diving in a wetsuit in egypt will my bouyancy be as good as it was? i last dived in a wetsuit on the 21/7/11. Also i found that the cylinders were 10litre steel filled to 250bar.

if you could answer that question that i asked and also tell me what to expect (apart from poor vis, cold and not so much marine life) that would be great.

cheers

If you get your weighting right, then buoyancy is a transferable skill.

It's fair to expect some teething troubles when you first transition into a drysuit - after all, it's a new piece of kit that requires new procedures and new skills to operate.

Hi

on saturday i will be doing my first dive in england. i have done all of my diving in egypt. yesterday i was in the pool with a drysuit doing the padi speacialiry course. i got wet!!!!!! also i found that my bouyancy was really bad in the drysuit. in a wetsuit io would consider myself to have decent bouyancy controll. QUESTION - when i go back to diving in a wetsuit in egypt will my bouyancy be as good as it was? i last dived in a wetsuit on the 21/7/11. Also i found that the cylinders were 10litre steel filled to 250bar.

if you could answer that question that i asked and also tell me what to expect (apart from poor vis, cold and not so much marine life) that would be great.

cheers

Disappointing to see that you are calling UK diving having by the sounds of it very little experience.
Yes it will be cold if you get wet, however that is the point of a drysuit.
Try visiting Scapa for some fantastic wrecks with plenty of life and great visibilty if you go September ish. Equally try the Scilly Isles got better visibility there then I got in parts of the Caymen Islands.

You'll find diving in a drysuit you will have alot more momentum with your movement and bouyancy than in a wetsuit, it takes a bit of getting used to but once you do its like second nature :D

Where about's in England are you diving? We have some extremely good dive sites in the UK.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom