Irene gone! Now concentrate on diving vacation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickyF

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Now that hurricane Irene is gone, i can concentrate on getting ready for two weeks in Roatan. Looking forward to leaving in 11 days!! :eyebrow:

Glad to see you made it through Irene with no problem! We had a bunch of limbs, branches and trees down here and of course power outages across the area but we came through pretty well.

I'm also looking forward to an upcoming dive vacation, leaving DC area on 15 Sep, but I am heading to the Keys and the Florida Gulf Coast for some fun diving off Marathon and with the Manatees and spending time with family. Enjoy your trip.

You enjoy yours also! I am ready for some warm water diving!!:eyebrow:

Now that hurricane Irene is gone, i can concentrate on getting ready for two weeks in Roatan. Looking forward to leaving in 11 days!! :eyebrow:

Thanks for rubbing it in:D
I am concentrating on getting home. Been stuck in a cheap motel in New England for 2 days, my mixed business with a few dives when horribly wrong.
Probably 2 more days until I can get a flight home, dive gear still completely dry.

Thanks for rubbing it in:D
I am concentrating on getting home. Been stuck in a cheap motel in New England for 2 days, my mixed business with a few dives when horribly wrong.
Probably 2 more days until I can get a flight home, dive gear still completely dry.

Wow!! Hope everything works out for you to get home quickly and safely!!

Having lived in Asia for a few years, I can't help but chuckle when I see these reactions to a small storm. :rofl3:

:no: No it wasn't a bad storm, but lives were lost and quite a bit of damage was done. No storm is a good storm.

Very true, no storm is nice. We're (here in the Philippines) just recovering from a Cat 4 Typhoon/Hurricane. 5th 'big' storm of the year for us. Didn't get much media attention from the American networks though...

Sadly, I think some of the lives lost in the USA can be attributed to ignorance - there were adequate warnings given. Our Cat 4 (250+kmph winds) claimed less lives - even though this is a third-world country without great communications or rescue services. People heed the warnings though and take it seriously (i.e. nobody went surfing!)

Well, I wish you the very best, but do keep an eye on what is soon to be Hurricane Katia.

Hi, we are going to Andros and Eleuthera in 2 months. The devastation in the Bahamas was hugely downplayed (actually mostly just ignored, especially by the weather channel) but luckily Andros was largely spared. Eleuthera took a beating though. They are still without power, water, phone, internet in some places and roads are still blocked or under water. Worst hit are Acklins and Cat Islands. I hope they can recover but it's going to be a long harsh road,

Anyway, my question is, can anyone comment on the condition of the reefs after a hurricane like Irene? It was a strong cat 3 when it hit. We will be diving on the southeastern shore of Eleuthera. We've never dove there so will have no basis for comparison but I am hoping with the deeper reefs there will be minimal damage but I have no idea.

Back
Top Bottom