50 dives in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100days-a-year

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Thanx to Irene I missed out on this last week or I'd have got a few more in.Vis has been awesome offshore in deep water often 100' or better and the water had began to become more homogenous temp wise with a gradual thermocline of 4-6 degrees,Inshore the vis was mostly 40' or so but warmer.Lots of baitfish showing up means it has been getting fishy as well.Looking forward to heading out in a few days and hoping the silt has settled.

I'm planning a trip to Florida in sep. 9-17 and I would like to dive alot on these days. The only problem is I don't know what to expect of the weather, like raining a lot or even hurricanes. I've heard of the hurricane in the news, but its effects should be gone by sep 9.

Have you got any clues on what to expect of Florida in september?

The only way to know is to monitor the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service for the weather and here for conditions.You can get a week out view of hurricane formation but regular storms are always a possibility in Fla on any given day.

Typical summer weather is rain in the afternoon, but that really doesn't matter for divers. The winds(and seas) generally pick up a little when the rains start, so plan ocean dives for the mornings if you have seasickness, otherwise it's just a little challenging. The statistical peak of hurricane season is Sept 9, so you'll be coming right then. This is supposed to be a busy year too. There's already another one out there and one starting up in the gulf. Even if Katia doesn't hit Florida, the seas will end up being churned up in the Atlantic and waves will be sent into shore. The waves are blocked by the Bahamas, so if there are waves, stay south of Palm Beach county and the seas should be fine.

If it's blown out, there's always spring diving or the gulf.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom