U.S. to Palau: round-trip airfare for $485 to $550 all-in

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cal776

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Korean Airlines is offering airfares as low as $485 all-in from its mainland U.S. gateways to Palau (ROR) on select dates between now and March 2012. The flights feature a simple, single connection in Seoul (ICN). Bookable at expedia.com. Sample itinerary from Los Angeles (LAX):

1 Ticket / Roundtrip
LAX Los Angeles to
ROR Koror
Leave: Wed 22-Feb
Return: Fri 2-Mar
1 adult $406.00
Taxes & Fees $79.30
Total $485.30

Traveling to Koror
flight train bus Wed 22-Feb-12
flight
Los Angeles (LAX)
Depart 11:10 am
Terminal TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
to Seoul (ICN)
Arrive 5:35 pm +1 day
5,999 mi
(9,654 km)
Duration: 13hr 25mn
KE Korean Air
Flight: 18
3Economy/Coach Class , 388

flight train bus Thu 23-Feb-12
flight
Seoul (ICN)
Depart 8:55 pm
to Koror (ROR)
Arrive 1:45 am +1 day
2,132 mi
(3,431 km)
Duration: 4hr 50mn
KE Korean Air
Flight: 117
3Economy/Coach Class , BOEING 737-800 (WINGLETS) PASSENGER
Total distance: 8,131 mi (13,086 km)
Total duration: 18hr 15mn (21hr 35mn with connections)

Traveling to Los Angeles
flight train bus Fri 2-Mar-12
flight
Koror (ROR)
Depart 3:00 am
to Seoul (ICN)
Arrive 8:05 am
2,132 mi
(3,431 km)
Duration: 5hr 5mn
KE Korean Air
Flight: 118
3Economy/Coach Class , BOEING 737-800 (WINGLETS) PASSENGER

flight
Seoul (ICN)
Depart 3:10 pm
to Los Angeles (LAX)
Arrive 9:05 am
Terminal TOM BRADLEY INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
5,999 mi
(9,654 km)
Duration: 10hr 55mn
KE Korean Air
Flight: 17
3Economy/Coach Class , 388
Total distance: 8,131 mi (13,086 km)
Total duration: 16hr 0mn (23hr 5mn with connections)​

Other U.S. Korean Airlines gateway cities (i.e. ATL, JFK, ORD, DFW) appear to be available for similar prices.

More at FlyerTalk.

A few very important points about this fare:

(1) This probably is a "mistake" fare. DO NOT CALL KOREAN AIRLINES OR EXPEDIA to book or ask questions about seat assignments or anything else until after the fare has been pulled because it'll only kill the deal. Stated differently, if you can't get the fare booked on your own online or can't wait at least a few days before calling the airline with questions, don't be a jerk and jeopardize the deal for everyone else.

(2) The best way to search for dates and availability to see if something will work for you is to go first to Matrix - ITA Software. Do a round-trip search departing from LAX (or the other Korean Airlines U.S. gateway of your choice) to ROR, and use the "See calendar of lowest fares" options to check a 30 days' worth of dates at a time. In the "Length of Stay" box enter a generous range of dates (i.e. 3-9 days, 5-10 days, whatever) to further increase the permutations.

(3) Once you find a satisfactory itinerary and price at Matrix - ITA Software, go to Expedia to book.

(4) This fare won't last long. The clock is rapidly ticking on its shelf life. You snooze, you lose.

I tried to book this yesterday. I was able to select the LAX-ROR leg, but when I selected return flight it said the fare was unavailable and the cost went to $1100

I tried to book this yesterday. I was able to select the LAX-ROR leg, but when I selected return flight it said the fare was unavailable and the cost went to $1100

Try again or try different dates. Plenty of people have reported successfully booking on FlyerTalk. I had no problem with the sample itinerary I posted above.

Just booked it through Expedia $970 for two. Feb 29-Mar 19 AMAZING!!!!!! I kept waiting for it to say,"Sorry the price has gone up" But it worked :D

Just booked chicago TO KOROR jan 14-23 $560. + $200 RD TRIP FROM CLEVELAND= $760 TO PALAU ARE YOU KIDDING!!! Anybody want to join me! Thank you thank you!

Ps this isnt just out of lax try other airports.

Holly airfare pricing ... I hope it holds as it is a travel industry fare. We booked 3/7-3/19 LAX->ROR directly via expedia, gonna do a little diving :)

Last edited:
Just checked prices they are back to normal. Congrats to those who pulled the trigger:D:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom