LP shipping sucks!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dennisgrimm

Registered
Reaction score
here is the scenario:
1. On sept. 30th I ordered $850 US worth of gear (I live in Canada)

2. Around oct. 8th I recieve my entire order except for one OMS light (ordered two of them, only one arrived, second one backordered).

3. On oct. 10th second light is shipped.

4. Oct. 23rd I call to find out where in the hell my light is.

5. Thier response
"Hi, Dennis
The OMS LED (7 LED) was shipped out to you on 10/10/03 via us-mail
I don't have a tracking # ,
Thank You"

6. My response
"US mail? That will take something like 6-8 weeks!!!! I did not pay $80.64 ($USD) to have my order delivered to me via horseback. Your policy in regards to international shipments as is posted on your website as "Orders shipped outside the US will be shipped via UPS only, since overseas orders takes weeks or months to arrive by regular surface mail, except military and APO, FPO addresses, which will be shipped US Mail." Since, to the best of my knowledge, I am not a "military, APO, or FPO address" you have broken your own policy and I am going to suffer the consequences. I am not impressed."

7. Their response
"Hi
Sorry for inconvenience"

Am I justified for being pissed? I think so

Sounds unusual. I've ordered lots of stuff from LP and always been very satisfied with their shipping and service.

I would be less than happy in your situation too and expect them to work to resolve the situation somehow, especially if I had paid for UPS shipping.

I had a problem with them in the past and they would not even return my call.
When I reported them to Better Business Bureau in New York, LP contacted me and fixed the problem the way I wanted it.
I still order from them and I never had a problem since.
Call LP and ask them to refund the shipping cost because they did not keep their promises. If they do not, then report them BBB.

and naver had a problem with their service. On he contrary, I was amazed at how fast I recieved my orders.

The only issue I ever had was when they showed an Atomic M1 reg as "in stock" when it was backordered. I waited and waited and finally cancelled the order and got an Aqualung Legend LX Supreme from my LDS. Otherwise, they've been great.

Sounds like screw up. It happens with all businesses some times. I would not get worried. I would however remain angry and do as washow88 suggested. If LP will not make amends then maybe the BBB will help persuade them. Some times you just get a customer service monkey that knows no better. Good luck and keep us posted.

Jambi

Yeah, they pulled that us mail thing on me before. It's their way of saving money on shipping your order in parts. They say there is no additional shipping charge if part of your order is backordered. Then they mail it to you. On the upside, though, there was no pst/gst or brokerage I had to pay when they mailed me my stuff.

I sent a reply:
"Thank you for the appology, at least you recognize that a mistake was made... now what are you going to do about it?"

..... waiting to hear

dennisgrimm once bubbled...
I sent a reply:
"Thank you for the appology, at least you recognize that a mistake was made... now what are you going to do about it?"

..... waiting to hear

Rather than LP deciding what they will do, why don't you just suggest that they refund the shipping charge?

LP has replaced my LDS as my preferred way of buying Scuba equipment and I must say that I am extremely pleased with the shipping methods, not the mention the products I have purchased thru them.

WAY TO GO LP!!!

:)

I have bought allot from them and the only problem was when I ordered around a holiday. I was not sure about when I placed my order and the ship date. Sent email got a smart ass responce but my stuff showed up before my trip. I can deal with the bad attitude due to price and they will respond to my emails even if the contain a smart ass attitude so I still use them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom