Octopus Eggs of the Redondo Beach Artificial Reef

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MaxBottomtime

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Despite dire predictions from the swell models we decided to give diving a shot today. The sea was calm and the red tide had dissipated enough to dive the barge off Redondo Beach.
I've been wanting to shoot video of the developing eggs. After anchoring at the site I lowered the video camera into the water. I could barely see it in the chocolate milk just a foot below the surface. Merry said the water was fine at the bow. We dropped into the brown water, but at twenty-three feet it cleared up nicely. From less than fourty feet I could see our anchor in eighty feet of sand.
I made my way to the octopus nests while Merry scoured the barge for critters. A sea lion greeted her with a face full of bubbles.
Visibility was a great twenty-five feet with 54F water. Back at the surface we had blue water on one side of the boat, with dirty green water on the other.
[youtubehq]DPU-UHCgRsk?hd=1[/youtubehq]

Awesome footage! Very cool that you were able to compile all the transitions from the initial laying all the way through its gestation and then finally the empty egg strings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom