Which one AD7000 or NA-D7000 or Nexus and WHY???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi guys. I’m looking for some advice as I’m about to upgrade from P/S to DSLR. I have D7000 and I’m looking for UW case. I never used any DSLR under water so I’m not too sure what I should look for. Quality of the housing, reliability, functionality, ports selection, connectivity, service etc. I don’t have any equipment that would make me to go with any of those brands, just want the best value for my money. For start I want to get macro set up with 60mm lens and in the future I would like include mini dome for Tokina 10-17mm. My first choice was Aquatica, then Nauticam and Nexus. I can get any of those hosing’s in the same macro set up for the same price tag :D ( +/- $150 ). Ergonomically the Aquatica and Nauticam feels about the same to me. I haven’t got the chance to try the Nexus. So I can’t comment on this one. Would I be able to use wet lenses to increase the magnification? I also have one Olympus UFL-02 strobe whit Sea & Sea FO, focusing light and two Sea & Sea type flex arms.

I do understand that all three hosing's are good I would love to hear from people that are using those housings and their comments on their housings pros and cons or issues. So any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Hi guys. I’m looking for some advice as I’m about to upgrade from P/S to DSLR. I have D7000 and I’m looking for UW case. I never used any DSLR under water so I’m not too sure what I should look for. Quality of the housing, reliability, functionality, ports selection, connectivity, service etc. I don’t have any equipment that would make me to go with any of those brands, just want the best value for my money. For start I want to get macro set up with 60mm lens and in the future I would like include mini dome for Tokina 10-17mm. My first choice was Aquatica, then Nauticam and Nexus. I can get any of those hosing’s in the same macro set up for the same price tag :D ( +/- $150 ). Ergonomically the Aquatica and Nauticam feels about the same to me. I haven’t got the chance to try the Nexus. So I can’t comment on this one. Would I be able to use wet lenses to increase the magnification? I also have one Olympus UFL-02 strobe whit Sea & Sea FO, focusing light and two Sea & Sea type flex arms.

I do understand that all three hosing's are good I would love to hear from people that are using those housings and their comments on their housings pros and cons or issues. So any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Peter

Hi Doc,
I got the Aquatica, know a few other divers with them too they are a great housing and priced a tad cheaper then the nauticam here in australia. I got mine from Pete Mooney at scubapix, top notch service and is only to happy to answer any questions about the aquatica over the phone, starting to get familiar with the unit now after 6 dives with it.
I am doing same as you with buying stuff, I got a 60mm nikkor and a flat port first......now saving for a z240 inon strobe.....then a big dome and the tokina 10- 17mm lens.
Expensive habit but I love it, the aquatica handles great underwater the controls knobs are expertly placed and easily located with the mask to the view finder and the d7000 is fast focasing allowing shots of easily spooked fishes, my buddy with his g12 cannon keeps missing- he is so jealous now!!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Damo'
PS- I like to buy the Canadian made product too, the french canadiens are fanatical with their light mechanical engineering- it's a beautiful unit so compact and streamlined.

Congrats on the housing, I think you're going to be very pleased with it. I have the D3/x version of the Aquatica housing and have been very happy with how it handles underwater. The controls are well placed and very clean without any slippage. If you ever have any concerns or questions about the housing, Aquatica is always happy to respond. Jean Bruneau is on the forum periodically and he is more than happy to help out.

I like you Damo :D!
You Like me???? I love you Man!!!!!

I love this product you girl's and guy's have put so much experience into.....Thank you my friend for making it a reality for people who love to capture and show others the wonders that our beautiful sub marine world has secreted away from most of the worlds population.
I wish you all the success your company deserves.
The finesse of this Aquatica D7000 housing is superb, I feel sorry for people who push a Ikelite flat & boxy housing up current and no longer are relaxed enough to capture that special underwater moment.
Kind regards,
Ozzydamo

My 2 cents is both the Aquatica ( which I own ) and the Nauticam are fine housings. For me it would come down to what dealer I felt most comfortable making the purchase from. You will not go wrong with either housing.

Anyone have the Nexus? I would love to hear some feedback as I can't find any reviews of this housing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom