SS Viper?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sotgecho

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Anyone using a SS Viper?

I am looking into getting a DPV and have been looking at SS very closely. Their product line looks great and a lot of divers enjoy the N19.

I am looking for a scooter for use mostly on boat dives and using it once I get into technical and cave; I was looking at this or a Halcyon T16 since they are in the same price range.

Thoughts?

I agree.. The Viper and the entire product line is very appealing.. I was going back and forth between a viper and a minnus 1.5.. Essentially all of the same specs--speed, range, thrust, battery, except for 2 main factors---weight and price. To me an extra 10 lbs makes a huge difference and at almost 50lbs I fear that getting the thing in/out of the water is a hastle---for me.... I'm sold on the minnus 1.5--albeit more expensive, but the lighter weight will be less of a struggle for shore dives/boat dives and carrying in general.

Isn't the T-16 a NiMh battery? If so, kind of comparing apples to oragnes IMO.

I'm on a Sierra with NiHm batteries. I often do 2 hour shore dives in Pompano and would love to get hold of a LiOn battery pack.

Isn't the T-16 a NiMh battery? If so, kind of comparing apples to oragnes IMO.

I'm on a Sierra with NiHm batteries. I often do 2 hour shore dives in Pompano and would love to get hold of a LiOn battery pack.

The T-16 is a NiMh; I was looking at it because I maybe able to get a discount on one. I do not feel it compares really to anything in the SS line.

However, looking at the Minnus 1.5 more looks like a great option because of its size and weight and all the other specs. I may have to hop over to SS's factory here in Jupiter to see if they will let you try them out.

Hopefully the Tahoe report will be out soon to provide some real numbers and evaluations.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom